Phoenix-Talent School District #4 is seeking applications for the position of:
1.0 FTE MUSIC TEACHER
Districtwide Elementary Schools
Individuals wishing to apply for these positions should submit a completed Oregon Teacher application, resume, autobiography, 3 letters of recommendation, college transcripts and an Oregon teaching certificate by going to https://phoenixtalent.tedk12.com/hire/index.aspx. If you have any questions about the application process, please contact Human Resources at 541/535-1517.
CLOSING DATE: Until Filled
REPORTS TO: Principal
SALARY: As determined by negotiated salary schedule
JOB DESCRIPTION: Plans and implements general music instruction for the elementary schools. Elementary includes K-5 students, including special needs classes.
1. Valid Oregon Elementary Teaching License with K-5 Music endorsement.
2. Preference may be given to those bilingual in Spanish and English.
3. Preference may be given to candidates who are able to effectively engage students in fun music activities and demonstrate a love for teaching music to children.
4. Physical demands needed: ability to communicate with students, co-workers, and the public; ability to communicate over the telephone; ability to respond to telephone, bells, students, co-workers, etc.; ability to respond to classroom disturbances, visual cues, student requests, etc.; ability to operate office equipment; ability to carry or lift light loads (25 lbs).
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: This 1.0 FTE position begins in August 2021. Exact date to be determined.
All applicants will be considered carefully. Those candidates selected for interviews will be notified shortly after the closing date. Applicants are asked not to call for interviews. All applicants will be notified when the position is filled.
Phoenix-Talent School District #4 is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in accordance with Federal and State Legislation, does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, age, national origin, or marital status, physical or mental disability in employment practices or education programs. If you need special accommodations because of a disability, please contact the personnel office at 535-1517 Voice/TDD.
Any offer of employment made by Phoenix-Talent Schools is contingent upon satisfactory results of:
1. Drug screening tests for any illegal drug or substance classified in Schedules I through V under the Federal Controlled Substances Act, 21 U.S.C. 811 to 812. This includes, but is not limited to, marijuana, mind-altering substances or narcotic drugs such as hallucinogens, amphetamines, barbiturates, or any other illegal drug or controlled substance, except those federally recognized as legally prescribed by a physician and used as directed.
2. Criminal history verification- a background check for any convictions directly related to the duties and responsibilities of the position. Unless otherwise required by law, only job-related convictions will be considered and will not automatically disqualify the applicant from employment.