Supervisor, Early Intervention / Early Childhood Special Education
EI/ECSE | Early Learning
Full Time (8 hours per day, 5 days per week)
230-Day Work Year (July through June)
Clackamas ESD strives to infuse equity in all our programs and bodies of work by maintaining an inclusive, barrier-free environment in which everyone participates and fully benefits. Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for jobs unless they believe they meet every one of the qualifications as described in a job description. We are most interested in finding the best candidate for the job, and that candidate may be one who comes from a less traditional background. We would encourage you to apply, even if you don't believe you meet every one of our qualifications described. If you are unsure whether you meet the qualifications of this position, or how this would be determined, please feel free to contact Human Resources to discuss your application.
General Description of the Position: The Supervisor assists the Coordinator in managing the instructional program for children with special education eligibility birth to age 5, supports program improvement activities, and assists in the District’s compliance with state and federal standards pertaining to special education. The Supervisor prioritizes and manages time to be regularly in EI/ECSE settings with children and staff. The Supervisor contributes to a program culture and instructional program conducive to children’s learning and staff professional growth
General Description of the Programs: Early Childhood Special Education (ECSE) serves children ages 3 to 5 who are found eligible in one or more disability categories or who demonstrate significant developmental delays. Services are individualized according to the child’s needs and may include home visiting; consultation to staff at community preschools, Head Start classrooms, or child care settings; specialized preschool; related services such as speech, motor, or other specialists; and parent education. Children may be referred by parents, community preschools, local school districts, physicians, or other community service providers
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS - for a complete list of essential functions, refer to the job description.
1) Assists the Coordinator in planning and organizing personnel, fiscal, and technological resources to enable children to receive a Free Appropriate Public Education in the EI/ECSE Program
2) Supervises and evaluates the performance of licensed and classified employees; supervises the evaluation of educational assistants
3) Participates in recruitment, selection, and assignment of program personnel
4) Communicates with staff within the role and strategies agreed upon with the Coordinator and the Director
5) Participates in establishing program goals, gathers data on instructional improvement needs, and assists in professional development, supervision of instruction, and related services, including behavior, motor, and speech-language
6) Please see job description for complete list of essential functions.
1) Master’s degree in Education
2) Appropriate State of Oregon (TSPC) issued Professional Administrator License (required at the time of appointment) required to supervise assigned licensed staff
3) Recent successful special education teacher or administrative experience in public education with skills sufficient to perform the essential functions
4) Working knowledge of best instructional practices and curriculum for children birth to age 5
5) Working knowledge of current state and federal laws, policies, administrative rules, and model programs related to implementation of the education goals set forth in IDEA
6) For a complete list of minimum qualifications, please see full job description
Clackamas Education Service District: Clackamas Education Service District is one of Oregon's 19 ESDs charged with providing programs for children with special needs, technology support, school improvement, and administrative services to local school districts and the Oregon Department of Education. Clackamas ESD serves ten school districts in Clackamas County, including Canby, Colton, Estacada, Gladstone, Lake Oswego, Molalla River, North Clackamas, Oregon City, Oregon Trail, and West Linn-Wilsonville.
TO APPLY: Submit your application directly at https://www.applitrack.com/clackesd/onlineapp/
Application Deadline: Open until filled
Commences: As soon as practical
Salary: $81,763 up to $110,620 (per 230-day contract) -- commensurate with education and past experience
Benefits: Clackamas ESD offers a generous benefit package providing health insurance including HRA options, dental with orthodontia, and vision insurance, with district-paid premium contributions. Paid holidays, sick leave, vacation time off, and other personal leave provided, along with retirement through the Oregon Public Employees Retirement System (PERS) and professional development allocation.
Clackamas Education Service District is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce along with the students and families that we serve.
Clackamas ESD policy provides veterans and disabled veterans with preference as required by law.