Placement: Cascade Junior High
Supervisor: Principal or Designee
FTE/Hours: 35 Hrs/Week (7:45 am – 3:15 pm)
Salary Range: $12.78 - $16.27 (Classification C)
Contract Days: 182 days
Note: The following is a brief summary of the position. To view the full job description, please see the attached document.
Responsibilities include providing sheltered language support to beginning and early intermediate proficient second language students within the general education environment. Providing instructional support during literacy block and supporting sheltered instruction through a variety of teacher directed activities. May participate or deliver specific interventions to students as directed by the teacher, ELL teacher or literacy coach. Primary focus of this position is the limited English Language Proficient student and not support of the general classroom.
1. High school diploma or equivalent.
2. Obtained an associate’s degree or higher; or meet a rigorous standard of quality and can demonstrate through a formal state or local academic assessment the knowledge of and the ability to assist in the instruction of reading, writing and mathematics or the instruction in readiness for these subjects.
3. Fingerprint-based criminal history verification clearance.
4. Valid Oregon Driver’s License.
5. Additional training or work experience with school-age children preferred.
6. ELL training preferred.
7. Highly skilled in reading, oral and written communication in English.
8. Fluent in Spanish, both written and spoken preferred.
Cascade Employment Website - Application Link: