Stanfield School District is accepting applications for a 3rd Grade Teaching position for the 2021-22 school year.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to execute each requirement satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability needed for the position.
• B.A./B.S. degree in teaching or related field from an accredited institution;
• Oregon teaching license valid for the area or subjects of assignment;
• Knowledge of and ability to implement relevant technology;
• Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing, bilingual in Spanish and English preferred;
• Must have the ability to report to work on a regular and punctual basis;
• Ability to work harmoniously with others and to communicate effectively with students, parents, and other staff members;
• Ability to maintain confidentiality;
• Training and experience with Conscious Discipline preferred;
• Perform physical requirements which may include but are not limited to:
o Ability to sit, stand, walk, talk, hear, operate a computer, hand‐held learning devices and other office equipment, reach
with hands and arms, and must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
• Plan, prepare and deliver lesson plans and instructional materials that facilitate active learning.
• Develop schemes of work, unit plans and assessments that are in accordance with established standards and procedures;
• Use relevant technology to support and differentiate instruction.
• Manage student behavior in the classroom by establishing expectations and enforcing rules and procedures;
• Maintain discipline in accordance with the rules and disciplinary systems of the school.
• Provide timely and appropriate feedback on student work.
• Encourage and monitor the progress of individual students and use student data to adjust teaching strategies.
• Maintain accurate and complete records of students’ progress and development.
• Update all necessary records accurately and completely as required by laws, district policies and school regulations.
• Prepare required reports on students and activities.
• Participate in department, school, district and parent meetings.
• Communicate necessary information regularly to students, colleagues and parents regarding student progress and student needs.
• Establish and communicate clear objectives for all learning activities.
• Prepare classroom for class activities.
• Observe and evaluate student performance and development.
• Assign, monitor and grade class work, homework, tests and assignments.
• Demonstrate preparation and skill in working with students from diverse cultural, economic and ability backgrounds.
• Encourage parent and community involvement, obtain information from parents when requested, promptly return phone calls
and answer emails.
• Participate in appropriate professional activities.
• Participate in extracurricular activities such as social activities, athletic activities, clubs and student organizations as directed.
• Other duties as assigned.
Submit an application file that includes (any emailed applications should be sent in one complete packet):
• Completed Oregon Teacher Application Form
• Letter of application
• Three (3) current letters of recommendation
• Copy of Oregon Teaching License with Endorsement
• Unofficial copy of transcripts
Beth Burton, Superintendent
Stanfield School District #61R
1120 North Main Stanfield, OR 97875
Phone: (541) 449-8766/FAX (541) 449-8768
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYE