Phoenix-Talent School District #4 is seeking applications for the positions of:
7 HOUR BILINGUAL INSTRUCTIONAL ASSISTANT 2 POSITIONS - Talent Middle School
Individuals wishing to apply for this position should submit a completed application and resume by going to https://phoenixtalent.tedk12.com/hire/index.aspx . If you have any questions about the application process, please contact Human Resources at 541/535-1517.
CLOSING DATE: Until filled
REPORTS TO: Building Administrators
SALARY: Starting salary of $15.84 - $17.76 per hour, depending on experience.
JOB DESCRIPTION: Woks in classrooms under the direction of a teacher. Provide instruction in small groups in multiple subject areas, as well as supervision of students in classrooms and non-instructional settings. Other related duties as assigned.
• Two years college or passing score on Work Keys exam prior to hiring
• Fluent in speaking, reading and writing Spanish and English
• Experience working with middle school aged students preferred
• Good technology skills preferred
• Strong reading, writing, and math skills
• Ability to use good judgment when carrying out tasks
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Physical demands needed: ability to communicate with students, co-workers, and the public; ability to communicate over the telephone; ability to respond to telephones, bells, students, co-workers, etc.; ability to respond to classroom disturbances, visual cues, student requests, etc.; ability to operate office equipment; ability to carry or lift light loads (25 lbs)
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: This position is 7 hours per day beginning August 2021.
All applicants will be considered carefully. Those candidates selected for interviews will be notified shortly after the closing date. Applicants are asked not to call for interviews. All applicants will be notified when the position is filled.
Phoenix-Talent School District #4 is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in accordance with Federal and State Legislation, does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, age, national origin, or marital status, physical or mental disability in employment practices or education programs. If you need special accommodations because of a disability, please contact the personnel office at 535-1517 Voice/TDD.
1. Drug screening tests for any illegal drug or substance classified in Schedules I through V under the Federal Controlled Substances Act, 21 U.S.C. 811 to 812. This includes, but is not limited to, mind-altering substances or narcotic drugs such as hallucinogens, amphetamines, barbiturates, marijuana or any other illegal drug or controlled substance, except those federally recognized as legally prescribed by a physician and used as directed.
2. Criminal history verification- a background check for any convictions directly related to the duties and responsibilities of the position. Unless otherwise required by law, only job-related convictions will be considered and will not automatically disqualify the applicant from employment.