JOB TITLE: Secondary Assistant Principal, 1.0 FTE
REPORTS TO: Building Principal
JOB SUMMARY: In conjunction with the Principal, promotes the success of all staff and students in a new 6-12 building by facilitating the development, articulation and implementation of a vision of teaching and learning that supports the District’s mission and vision. Full job description available upon request.
1. Masters’ Degree representing coursework in educational administration, curriculum development and staff development.
2. Hold or be eligible for Oregon Administrative License.
3. At least five years successful teaching experience.
4. Experience working with students and families from diverse populations.
5. Knowledge of current research in staff development, Social Emotional Learning (SEL), Trauma Informed Practices, instructional technology, classroom assessment, instructional best practices, and teaching strategies.
1. Spanish speaking, reading and writing skills.
SUMMARY OF PERFORMANCE RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Establish positive working relationships with students, staff and parents.
2. Maintain high standards of student conduct and discipline policies according to student due process rights.
3. Evaluate and improve classroom instruction.
4. Assists in the development, planning and implementing of school site programs and activities in accordance with the goals and objectives of the school. Focused programs include support of 9th Grade Success team, 6-12 curriculum mapping, local and state assessments, continued development of equitable grading/assessment practices, and Constructing Meaning implementation for all staff.
5. Observes monitors and evaluates school staff performance as outlined in District policy(ies).
6. Assist with the supervision of athletic events and student activities.
7. Provide leadership in ongoing development and improvement of instructional programs.
8. Assist with recruiting, hiring, training, and evaluating staff.
9. Assists in planning and implementing appropriate professional development.
10. Provides assistance to the Principal and organizes various committees necessary in addressing school needs.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: 220 day contract with salary to be negotiated. Begin work August 2021. Excellent benefits.
TO APPLY: Submit an application online by following the link on our District website, http://www.seaside.k12.or.us/employment.
DIRECT QUESTIONS TO: Seaside School District Office, 503-738-5591
TIMELINE: Closing Date: When filled.
YOUR FUTURE IN SEASIDE SCHOOLS: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRPBq96AIsk
The Seaside School District, in support of employment practices free of barriers to disabled individuals and in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, provides reasonable accommodations necessary upon request and appropriate notice. For further information or assistance, contact the Business Manager at (503)738-5591. Speech/hearing impaired individuals may reach the District through the Oregon Telecommunications Relay Service by dialing 1(800)735-2900.