JOB TITLE: Middle School Digital Arts and Technology Teacher (Temporary, 1.0 FTE)
REPORTS TO: Building Principal
JOB SUMMARY: To provide education services to students in a classroom setting. This position serves middle school students as an elective option. The teacher is responsible for student academic achievement, including instruction and maintaining student discipline. Full job description available upon request.
1. Bachelor’s Degree or higher.
2. Hold or be eligible for Oregon Teaching Certification with Middle School Level authorization.
3. Ability to establish positive working relationships with students, staff, and parents.
4. Willingness to work with extra-curricular activities.
1. Master’s degree.
2. Additional ESOL endorsement and/or Sheltered Instruction training.
3. Instructional background in graphic design, web design, multimedia presentations, and/or coding.
4. Experience working in professional learning communities.
5. Knowledge of P.B.I.S.
6. Spanish language skills.
SUMMARY OF ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Implement adopted curriculum and develop supplemental instructional materials that are aligned to grade level standards and suitable for students with a wide range of mental, physical, and emotional maturities.
2. Use data to inform instruction, evaluate academic growth, and monitor student progress on grade level standards. Maintain appropriate records.
3. Actively engage in curriculum and/or faculty committees as interested or required.
4. Work collaboratively with other staff members to support student learning.
5. Establish and maintain open lines of communication with students and their parents concerning academic and behavioral progress of student.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: 190-day contract at 1.0 FTE, temporary one year assignment. Salary as per negotiated contract with an excellent benefits package. Starting date: fall 2021
TO APPLY: Submit an application online by following the link on the District website, http://www.seaside.k12.or.us/employment
QUESTIONS: Contact Leslie Garvin, 503-738-5591
TIMELINE: Open until filled
YOUR FUTURE IN SEASIDE SCHOOLS: https://youtu.be/CRPBq96AIsk
The Seaside School District, in support of employment practices free of barriers to disabled individuals and in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, provides reasonable accommodations necessary upon request and appropriate notice. For further information or assistance, contact the Business Manager at (503)738-5591. Speech/hearing impaired individuals may reach the District through the Oregon Telecommunications Relay Service by dialing 1(800)735-2900. A job description is available upon request.