JOB TITLE: Elementary Building Support Teacher, 1.0 FTE, with expected 1-2 year term.
REPORTS TO: Building Principal
JOB SUMMARY: To provide building level support, as an in-house licensed substitute teacher, for preschool through fifth grade classrooms, as well as providing support for other elementary program areas.
1. Bachelor’s Degree or higher.
2. Hold or be eligible for Oregon Teaching Certification with Elementary level endorsements.
3. Ability to establish positive relationships with students, staff, and parents.
1. Proficient in Trauma Informed Practices and Social Emotional Learning (SEL) including Growth Mindset.
2. Proficient in the use of educational technology.
3. Spanish speaking, reading and writing skills.
SUMMARY OF ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Provide substitute coverage, building wide, as needed; collaborating with grade level licensed staff to plan coverage for absences, providing continuity of instruction for students.
2. Provide individual and small group instruction to meet individual needs and help students make satisfactory progress in the areas of reading, writing and math.
3. Use instructional materials suitable for verbal or visual instruction of pupils with a wide range of mental, physical, and emotional maturities.
4. Provide coverage, as needed, for counseling, intervention and behavior support programs.
5. Participate on grade level data teams and use data to plan for instruction.
6. Communicate with parents and staff to promote best learning opportunities for students.
7. Work with other staff as a part of a team to provide the best instruction possible to students.
8. Actively engage in curriculum and/or faculty committees as required.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Salary as per negotiated contract, with excellent benefit package. Contingent on approval of the 2021-2022 budget. It is expected that the Building Support Teacher position will be for a one to two year term. Starting: August 2021.
TO APPLY: Submit an application online by following the link on our District website, http://www.seaside.k12.or.us/employment
DIRECT QUESTIONS TO: Questions about the position: Contact Juli Wozniak, Principal, 503-738-5161. Questions about the online application process: Contact Leslie Garvin, 503-738-5591
TIMELINE: Closing date: Open until filled
The Seaside School District, in support of employment practices free of barriers to disabled individuals and in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, provides reasonable accommodations necessary upon request and appropriate notice. For further information or assistance, contact the Business Manager at (503)738-5591. Speech/hearing impaired individuals may reach the District through the Oregon Telecommunications Relay Service by dialing 1(800)735-2900.