Riverdale School District is seeking talented people from diverse backgrounds and experiences to apply for the position of Business Manager. The District is transitioning from an outsourced ESD-led business office to in-house business office management. The skills and expertise of the ESD over the last two years has positioned the district to move forward with strong processes in place to manage all aspects of the fiscal office and a transition plan to support the new Business Manager is in place. NWRESD will continue to process payroll for Riverdale School District as a contracted service in support of the fiscal office.
The Riverdale School District is an independent public school district founded in 1888 and has always enjoyed widespread community interest, involvement and support. Today, Riverdale Grade School (K-8) and Riverdale High School (9-12) serve more than 600 families living in a residential, wooded area called Dunthorpe, located seven miles south of downtown Portland, Oregon, and adjacent to the city of Lake Oswego. The District is committed to providing an exceptional college-preparatory education for all students that is personalized, learner-centered and academically rigorous.
Riverdale School District Vision
• Students learn to use their minds well, engage creatively and act compassionately.
Riverdale School District Mission
• Riverdale develops inquisitive, imaginative and eager learners. Our students demonstrate academic mastery through exhibition to become effective communicators and responsible leaders.
OVERVIEW OF THE POSITION:
The Business Manager will be responsible for administering all aspects of the District’s business and fiscal affairs to ensure the overall effectiveness and efficiency of all corresponding business operations. They will be tasked with ensuring the accuracy and appropriateness of the District’s accounting transactions. Primary responsibilities include planning, directing, and coordinating business services related functions for Riverdale School District, including general ledger operations, financial reporting, accounts receivable and payable, budget preparation and oversight and grants management.
We seek someone with these qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business, Finance, or Management required; Master’s in Business Administration preferred
- Minimum five years of successful financial administrative experience required including full charge bookkeeping/accounting cycles; experience in a public agency preferred
- Experience in a position utilizing governmental fund accounting, budgeting, public purchasing guidelines, annual and quarterly audits in a public agency preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of GAAP/GASB/OMB circular A-133 standards
- Technical competencies, including accounting software, word processing, spreadsheets, email, and other business technology systems as determined
For more information, please see the full job description attached to this post.
Riverdale School District strives to create an inclusive and racially affirming environment that welcomes and values the diversity of our staff and students. Riverdale School District believes that having a diverse faculty and staff reflective of the demographics of the community, country and world, provides significant value to students of color and all students and adults, and will commit to put practices in place that will lead to a more diverse workforce. Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for jobs unless they believe they meet every one of the qualifications as described in the job description. We are most interested in finding the best candidate for the job, and that candidate may be the one who comes from a less traditional background. We would encourage you to apply even if you don't believe you meet every one of our qualifications described. If you are unsure whether you meet the qualifications of this position, or how this would be determined, please feel free to contact Human Resources: Chrisie Patrick email@example.com to discuss your application.
For more information about the Riverdale School District, please see our webpage: https://www.riverdaleschool.com/