Complex Needs Nurse
Clackamas County - Itinerant
Full Time (8 hours per day, 5 days per week)
200-Day Work Year (Academic Calendar)
Clackamas ESD strives to infuse equity in all our programs and bodies of work by maintaining an inclusive, barrier-free environment in which everyone participates and fully benefits. Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for jobs unless they believe they meet every one of the qualifications as described in a job description. We are most interested in finding the best candidate for the job, and that candidate may be one who comes from a less traditional background. We would encourage you to apply, even if you don't believe you meet every one of our qualifications described. If you are unsure whether you meet the qualifications of this position, or how this would be determined, please feel free to contact Human Resources to discuss your application.
General Description of the Position: To provide nursing services to the Clackamas ESD Special Education and/or Early Intervention/Early Childhood Special Education programs that support students with special health needs from all local districts.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS - for a complete list of essential functions, refer to the job description.
1) To assess the health needs of learners by:
a - determining the extent of the health assessment required through record review and parent consultation.
b- obtaining a health history from medical records and student/parent interviews.
c- evaluating the student’s current health status through physical assessment and student/parent interview.
d- obtaining current medical information and orders from the student’s health care provider.
2) To facilitate health services for identified students by:
a- developing a Student Health Management Plan (SHMP) and providing a summary of health information including recommendations based on physician’s orders which may include a nursing care plan, emergency plans, delegation or assignment to school staff, transportation plans, IFSP/IEP goals (which may include teaching classroom staff to observe and report signs of identified concern to the R. N.)
b- updating student health status, identified health concerns, goals, and placement to determine if progress has been made, and health information is current, consulting with health care providers/parents to modify medical treatment and nursing management as needed.
c- Support staff on development and implementation of feeding plans as needed.
d- Provide training for staff on medical protocols.
3) Complete vision and hearing screenings annually, or arranging for their completion through outside agencies.
4) Act as liaison between parents, teachers, community agencies and medical providers, as needed, to ensure effective communication and make recommendations regarding the nature, scope and intensity of services that will provide a safe school environment in the least restrictive environment for student in assigned districts.
Please see job description for complete list of essential functions.
1) Valid Oregon license to practice as a Registered Nurse
2) Minimum of two years’ experience within the last four years working in a school/clinical setting with children
3) Bachelor’s degree in health related area (nutrition, nursing, community health, et cetera)
4) Familiarity with community, state and federal health care resources, and ability to link families with these resources
5) For a complete list of minimum qualifications, please see full job description
Clackamas Education Service District: One of Oregon's 19 ESDs charged with providing programs for children with special needs, technology support, school improvement, and administrative services to local school districts and the Oregon Department of Education. Clackamas ESD serves ten school districts in Clackamas County, including Canby, Colton, Estacada, Gladstone, Lake Oswego, Molalla River, North Clackamas, Oregon City, Oregon Trail, and West Linn-Wilsonville.
TO APPLY: Submit your application directly at https://www.applitrack.com/clackesd/onlineapp/
Application Deadline: Open until filled
Commences: August 16, 2021
Salary: See the Licensed Salary Schedule; commensurate with education and past experience
Benefits: Clackamas ESD offers a generous benefit package providing health insurance including HRA options, dental with orthodontia, and vision insurance, with district-paid premium contributions. Paid holidays, sick leave, time off, and other personal leave provided, along with retirement through the Oregon Public Employees Retirement System (PERS) and professional development allocation.
Clackamas Education Service District is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce along with the students and families that we serve.
Clackamas ESD policy provides veterans and disabled veterans with preference as required by law.