Inclusion Specialist, Special Education
Life Enrichment Education Program (LEEP)
Clackamas County School Districts
190-Day Calendar, 8 hours/day, 5 days/week
Clackamas ESD strives to infuse equity in all our programs and bodies of work by maintaining an inclusive, barrier-free environment in which everyone participates and fully benefits.
Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for jobs unless they believe they meet every one of the qualifications as described in the job description. We are most interested in finding the best candidate for the job, and that candidate may be the one who comes from a less traditional background. We would encourage you to apply, even if you don't believe you meet every one of our qualifications described. If you are unsure whether you meet the qualifications of this position, or how this would be determined, please feel free to contact Human Resources to discuss your application.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF THE POSITION:
The Inclusion Specialist fulfills duties consistent with school district policy and serves within the Special Education department. This is an itinerant position that provides services to all locations at which there is a district program, and where there are students who require inclusion support in our partner districts. This position is responsible to work side by side with administrators, classroom teachers, educational assistants, related services and other staff to promote student success, and provides technical assistance to promote the successful inclusion and academic progress of students with multiple and/or complex disabilities. The specialist will collaborate in the evaluation and support of high-quality district special education programs. The specialist will establish and maintain an atmosphere which emphasizes mutual respect, self-worth, self-discipline, confidence, cooperation, consideration and responsibility to perform duties as assigned, including those required by state statutes and district policies and regulations.
LIFE ENRICHMENT EDUCATION PROGRAM:
The Life Enrichment Education Program (LEEP) provides specially designed instruction and related services for eligible Clackamas County students, ages 5-21 years. Students attend self-contained classrooms in schools located throughout the county. The curriculum focuses on personal management, communication, practical living skills, vocational skills, leisure and recreation activities, and social skills. Based on the individual needs of each student, the ESD offers speech and language therapy, occupational therapy, physical therapy, adaptive PE, and nursing support. LEEP also provides an extended school year program in the summer for students who would regress because of a lengthy educational recess.
• Supports the inclusion of students in the District special education program in educational, recreational and other opportunities within the schools where the program is located, including Peer Mentor Programs.
• Supports the inclusion of students with multiple and/or complex disabilities in educational, recreational and other opportunities within their partner district schools.
• Supports the transition of students in the District special education program to less restrictive environments within their district programs.
• Assists with training and professional development, including formal presentations and/or workshops to staff, parents and students.
• Please see the Job Description to view the full list of Essential Functions
1) Current Oregon certification or state license, or equivalent years of experience in field of specialization and/or special education.
2) Recent successful experience working with students with significant mental health/behavioral challenges and/or intellectual disability
3) Knowledge and experience teaching students with low incidence disabilities including intellectual disability and autism
4) Knowledge of alternative communication modes including rudimentary level of American Sign Language and augmentative communication
5) Familiarity with the adaptive equipment and technology frequently utilized as a part of the instructional program for students with significant mental and physical disabilities
6) Please see the Job Description to view the full list of Minimum Qualifications
CLACKAMAS EDUCATION SERVICE DISTRICT:
Clackamas Education Service District is one of Oregon's 19 ESDs charged with providing programs for children with special needs, technology support, school improvement, and administrative services to local school districts and the Oregon Department of Education. Clackamas ESD serves ten school districts in Clackamas County, including Canby, Colton, Estacada, Gladstone, Lake Oswego, Molalla River, North Clackamas, Oregon City, Oregon Trail, and West Linn-Wilsonville.
TO APPLY: Submit your application directly at: https://www.applitrack.com/clackesd/onlineapp/
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Priority consideration for applications received by July 08, 2021
COMMENCES: August 24, 2021.
STARTING SALARY: Salary based on education and experience. See 2020-21 Licensed Salary Schedule. (2021-22 schedule to be determined)
BENEFITS: Clackamas ESD offers a generous benefit package providing health, dental with orthodontia, and vision insurance including HRA options. Retirement through the Oregon Public Employees Retirement System (PERS) and professional development allocation. Reimbursement for relocation expenses may be available.
Clackamas Education Service District is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce along with the students and families that we serve.
Clackamas ESD policy provides veterans and disabled veterans with preference as required by law.