ADMINISTRATIVE VACANCY NOTICE
Special Education Director
Open until filled
The La Grande School District is accepting applications for a full-time (1.0 FTE) Administrator. This position serves as the Student Services Director for the District. The Student Services Director is responsible for providing leadership in the development, implementation and coordination of the District’s special education, sections 504, and mental health programs for the district. This position will start upon hire.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Contribute to student achievement by providing strong and effective educational leadership for Professional Learning Communities (PLC).
2. Plan, direct, and administer the District’s Student Services department, including the evaluation and compliance of the specific program components.
3. Coordinate the resources of educational support services conducted by district personnel and by external contractual arrangements, including:
a. psychological/counseling resources
b. medical diagnostic resources
c. physical and occupational therapy resources
d. materials, aids, and adapted equipment for special education
e. interpreter resources
f. home tutoring resources
g. institutional placements
h. audiology resources
i. transportation for special education students
j. pre-school resources
k. the district suicide action plan
l. Medicaid billing processes
m. referrals for Student Services, Long Term Care and Treatment, and behavior systems
n. foster care point of contact
4. Assist the Administration with recruiting and selecting Student Services' personnel.
5. Work with directors and principals to develop and implement curriculum and student IEP’s.
6. Facilitate team meetings for placement, program evaluation to ensure least restrictive environment when teams are determining placement for students.
7. Evaluate personnel and coordinate in-service training for Student Services.
8. Performs such other tasks and assumes such other responsibilities as assigned by the superintendent.
Valid Oregon Administrative License. Experience with Special Education Programs.
Employment, Salary and Benefits
1. This is a full-time (1.0 FTE), approximately 235-day position, including 9 paid holidays.
2. Placement on the La Grande School District Administrative salary schedule, range 8, step 1 – 9 ($107,516.39 - $128,463.93).
3. La Grande School District will support payment for health, dental and vision insurance premiums. Employer-paid PERS is provided to qualified employees.
1. Please complete the application found on the La Grande School District website www.lagrandesd.org
2. Completed applications with required supplemental materials must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org or the Human Resources Department, La Grande School District, 1305 North Willow, La Grande, OR 97850
Reasonable accommodations for the application and interview process will be provided upon request and as required in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Individuals with disabilities may contact Codi Eby, Administrative Assistant at 541-663-3212 for additional information or assistance. Speech/Hearing impaired persons may contact the La Grande School District for assistance through the Oregon Telecommunication Relay Service at 1-800-735-2900 or 711.
La Grande School District is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
Women, minorities and individuals with disabilities are encouraged. Veteran’s preference shall be given.