JOB TITLE: Secondary Behavior Support - TOSA, 1.0 FTE
REPORTS TO: Building Principal and Special Services Director
JOB SUMMARY: To support school teams to implement behavior and social skills interventions leading to student success by providing supportive consulting services to assist staff, students, and families.
1. Bachelor’s Degree or higher.
2. Hold or be eligible for Oregon Teaching Certification.
3. Ability to establish positive relationships with students, staff, and parents.
4. Knowledge of regular, Special Education, and Americans with Disabilities law.
1. Master’s degree.
2. Prior successful experience in implementing and executing PBIS initiatives and strategies.
3. Prior successful experience supporting students with challenging behaviors in a school setting.
4. Proficient in Trauma Informed Practices and Social Emotional Learning (SEL).
5. Understanding and experience in inclusionary model.
6. Proficient in the use of educational technology.
7. Spanish language skills.
SUMMARY OF ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Work with building leadership and school teams on complex behavior support planning, implementation, and data collection.
2. Handle cases with unique demands at the request of building leadership.
3. Support and assist in training educational assistants in assigned programs.
4. Apply strategies of non-violent Crisis Intervention, as may be required, for the purpose of providing a safe and optimal learning environment.
5. Assist other personnel, as may be required, for the purpose of supporting them in the completion of their work activities (i.e. supervision of specially designed instruction).
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: 190-day contract at 1.0 FTE. Temporary one-year assignment. Salary as per negotiated contract with an excellent benefits package. Starting date: August 2021.
TO APPLY: Submit an application online by following the link on the District website, http://www.seaside.k12.or.us/employment
QUESTIONS: For questions, please contact the Seaside School District Office at 503-738-5591.
TIMELINE: Closing date: When filled.
The Seaside School District, in support of employment practices free of barriers to disabled individuals and in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, provides reasonable accommodations necessary upon request and appropriate notice. For further information or assistance, contact the Business Manager at (503)738-5591. Speech/hearing impaired individuals may reach the District through the Oregon Telecommunications Relay Service by dialing 1(800)735-2900.