JOB TITLE: Elementary Teacher, 1.0 FTE
REPORTS TO: Building Principal
To provide education services to students in a classroom setting. The teacher instructs students, maintains student discipline and is responsible for student academic achievement. Full job description available upon request.
1. Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Elementary Education.
2. Hold or be eligible for Oregon Teaching Certification.
3. Ability to establish positive relationships with students, staff, and parents.
1. Proficient in Trauma Informed Practices and Social Emotional Learning (SEL) including Growth Mindset.
2. Proficient in the use of educational technology.
3. Spanish speaking, reading and writing skills.
SUMMARY OF ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Implement adopted curriculum and develop supplemental instructional materials that are aligned to grade level standards and suitable for students with a wide range of mental, physical, and emotional maturities.
2. Plan and provide individual, small group, and whole group instruction to meet individual students’ academic, social and emotional needs.
3. Use data to inform instruction, evaluate academic growth, and monitor student progress on grade level standards. Maintain appropriate records.
4. Communicate regularly with parents and staff to promote best learning opportunities for students.
5. Effectively engage and collaborate with other staff as a part of a team to provide guaranteed and viable instruction to all students.
6. Actively engage in curriculum and/or faculty committees as required.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Salary as per negotiated contract, with excellent benefit package, as per negotiated agreement. Starting: August 2021.
TO APPLY: Submit an application online by following the link on our District website, http://www.seaside.k12.or.us/employment
DIRECT QUESTIONS TO:
• Questions about the position: Contact Juli Wozniak, Principal, 503-738-5161.
• Questions about the online application process: Contact Leslie Garvin, 503-738-5591
TIMELINE: Closing date: Open until filled
The Seaside School District, in support of employment practices free of barriers to disabled individuals and in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, provides reasonable accommodations necessary upon request and appropriate notice. For further information or assistance, contact the Business Manager at (503)738-5591. Speech/hearing impaired individuals may reach the District through the Oregon Telecommunications Relay Service by dialing 1(800)735-2900.