How To Apply: Please visit www.pps.net/jobs and use job number 24229 to apply.
FTE: 1.0 FTE
Salary: $48,096 - $93,589 per year
The Columbia Regional Program ASL Specialist/Teacher on Special Assignment (TOSA) provides classroom and individual instruction to students identified as eligible for Regional services and staff of Columbia Regional Program. This team member must have the skills and abilities to provide support to deaf and hard of hearing children using American Sign Language/English bilingual/bicultural strategies.
Specific areas of assignment typically include, but are not limited to: teacher support, student support and curriculum and program development. Assignments are temporary and are staffed based on program needs. With the District’s focus on eliminating systemic racism and its adverse impact on student learning, we seek to hire individuals who bring to our district a deep commitment to racial equity and social justice.
To learn more about Portland Public Schools, please check out our profile at https://www.themuse.com/profiles/portlandpublicschools
- Must be licensed by the Teacher Standards and Practices Commission (TSPC) for assignment as a Professional Educator - Teacher.
- A Master’s degree in American Sign Language Education, Deaf Education or related field.
- Fluency in American Sign Language and in written English.
- Some positions in this classification may require the use of a personal automobile and possession of a valid Class C Oregon driver’s license.
- Work hours may include evening and weekend activities, meetings, trainings, workshops and in-services.
Proof of full COVID-19 vaccination is considered a minimum qualification requirement for PPS job applicants and this proof will be requested during the hiring process.