District Technology Supervisor
Travel based position - serves multiple (including rural) Clackamas County Districts
Full Time (8 hours per day, 5 days per week)
240-Day Work Year (July through June)
Clackamas ESD offers its supervisors a competitive salary and very robust benefits package with ideal options for individuals at every stage of their career and personal life. In addition to salary, the successful applicant will receive over $2000 in monthly district paid insurance premiums, 4 weeks front-loaded vacation, 9 paid holidays, 6 on-call days, and several other paid leave plans including paid sick time off, paid personal business leave, and paid time off for family illness and routine health care appointments. Clackamas ESD also invests in it's staff, which is why supervisors receive $3000 in annual professional development funds and paid leave to attend workshops and conferences. Clackamas ESD is also a great place to establish employment that will carry you to retirement with a state pension. Check out all the terrific benefits on the Clackamas ESD website!
Considering moving? Clackamas ESD offers up to $3000 in moving expense reimbursement if relocating from 150+ miles away.
Clackamas ESD strives to infuse equity in all our programs and bodies of work by maintaining an inclusive, barrier-free environment in which everyone participates and fully benefits. Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for jobs unless they believe they meet every one of the qualifications as described in a job description. We are most interested in finding the best candidate for the job, and that candidate may be one who comes from a less traditional background. We would encourage you to apply, even if you don't believe you meet every one of our qualifications described. If you are unsure whether you meet the qualifications of this position, or how this would be determined, please feel free to contact Human Resources to discuss your application.
General Description of the Position: The District Technology Supervisor works to lead the day-to-day management of a team of support professionals that provide excellent customer service to contracted school district(s). The Supervisor works under the direction of the contracted school district and in coordination with the CIO at Clackamas ESD. The Supervisor focuses on the education, desktop, infrastructure, and/or other technologies and support as needed by the contracting district(s). The Supervisor performs a customer service role in ensuring that services are provided in a timely manner, are of high quality, and meet district(s) needs. The Supervisor works cooperatively with other districts, ESDs, state agencies and represents the district and the agency at local, regional and state meetings.
General Description of the Program: Technology Services provides many regional services that support the needs of local schools, district offices, and the ESD. Services include access to the Oregon K-12 institutions and the Internet, network design, configuration maintenance of router, switch, and firewall, and the Internet Protocol (IP) addressing, domain name server (DNS), network security, network monitoring, traffic shaping, problem resolution, video conferencing, streaming media support and network capacity analysis.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS - for a complete list of essential functions, refer to the job description.
1) Provides leadership, direction, and decision-making necessary to support district technology services utilizing solid educational, functional, technical and/or project management knowledge and skills
2) Identifies resources needed and assigns individual responsibilities, manages day-to-day operational aspects of project and scope, and reviews deliverables prepared by team before implementation
3) Assists in the integration of technology into classrooms
4) Consistently evolves the district(s) information systems in a progressive fashion to deliver improved experiences for students, teachers, staff, and administration.
5) Please see job description for complete list of essential functions.
1) Bachelor’s degree in business administration, management, information systems, computer science, other related field, or equivalent relevant experience
2) Minimum of 3-7 years of progressive responsibility managing desktop, infrastructure, and educational technology preferably to include staff management in a K12 setting
3) Demonstrated ability to motivate staff and provide a positive influence in delivering excellent customer service
4) Working knowledge of student information systems preferably including recent experience with Edupoint Synergy
5) For a complete list of minimum qualifications, please see full job description
a) Experience as licensed instructor or TOSA with recent experience in instructional models and methodologies for the integration of technology into the classroom
Clackamas Education Service District: One of Oregon's 19 ESDs charged with providing programs for children with special needs, technology support, school improvement, and administrative services to local school districts and the Oregon Department of Education. Clackamas ESD serves ten school districts in Clackamas County, including Canby, Colton, Estacada, Gladstone, Lake Oswego, Molalla River, North Clackamas, Oregon City, Oregon Trail, and West Linn-Wilsonville.
TO APPLY: Submit your application directly at https://www.applitrack.com/clackesd/onlineapp/
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Commences: As soon as practical following job offer
Salary: $79,416 up to $107,446 -- commensurate with education and past experience [Range 7]
Benefits: Clackamas ESD offers a generous benefit package providing health insurance including HRA options, dental with orthodontia, and vision insurance, with district-paid premium contributions. Paid holidays, sick leave, vacation time off, and other personal leave provided, along with retirement through the Oregon Public Employees Retirement System (PERS) and professional development allocation.
Clackamas Education Service District is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce along with the students and families that we serve.
Clackamas ESD policy provides veterans and disabled veterans with preference as required by law.