The Knappa School District No. 4 is seeking to fill the position of a 1.0 FTE Science Teacher at Hilda Lahti Middle School.
Title: 1.0 Teacher • Science Teacher
Qualifications: Hold Oregon certification at the appropriate level
Reports To: Principal
Supervises: Program Assistants, Cadet Teachers (if assigned)
Job Goal: To assist students toward the fulfillment of their potential for intellectual, physical and emotional growth.
1. Develops and maintains an orderly classroom environment conducive to effective learning.
2. Develop and maintain a classroom environment free of discrimination and harassment of all kinds so as to promote an educationally nourishing classroom setting.
3. Plans an educational program that meets the individual needs, interests, and abilities of students; utilizing support personnel available when necessary.
4. Employs a variety of instructional techniques and strategies that engage all students in the learning process.
5. Assesses the academic growth of students on a regular basis and maintains records as required by the district and state.
6. Takes all reasonable precautions to provide for the emotional and physical well-being of all students.
7. Demonstrates economy in the use of material consistent with a good educational program.
8. Establishes and maintains good communication with students, parents, fellow employees, and other patrons of the district.
9. Assists in determining and evaluating educational goals, methods, and materials in the school and in the district.
10. Assists the principal to implement school and district goals, rules, policies, and procedures as they relate to the total school and district programs.
11. Strives to meet or exceed performance goals or objectives.
12. Encourages student extracurricular activities when appropriate.
13. Keeps a neat appearance.
14. Demonstrates, by example, correct spoken and written English, free of any profane, coarse or derogatory language.
15. Participates actively in staff and in-service meetings.
16. Maintain confidentiality in all phases of work.
Qualified applicants may submit the attached application along with a resume and three letters of recommendation to Diane Barendse firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications are being accepted until position is filled.