1.0 Technology Assistant
260 Day Position
• Assist users to assure that hardware and software solutions operates in a manner consistent with expectations; provide troubleshooting assistance as necessary; coordinate responses to users with supervisors as necessary
• Provide technical assistance and support, troubleshoot and resolve system hardware, software and communication failures and conflicts
• Evaluate existing user technologies, and perform system upgrades based on user needs and tests solutions, resolving configuration conflicts and errors
• Install, integrate, and configure new technologies
• Research, analyze, and recommend, appropriate end user technology configurations
• Review, prioritize, and process work order reports; document the progress of projects; complete assignments to exceed customer expectation
• Support the strategic integration of technology into classroom instruction
• Coordinate state reporting requirements and state assessments
• Install new PC hardware, software, and peripherals, and fully test each installation.
• Physically relocate workstations and peripherals within buildings and to and from buildings and reconfigure workstations and devices to accommodate these relocations.
• Repair and upgrade PC hardware and peripherals.
• Work with manufactures and service providers to rectify support issues and/or replace equipment.
• Design webpage layout and up-dates and maintains web content.
• Create and manage network and e-mail accounts.
• Interact with trouble ticketing systems, and spreadsheet/database application systems used to track project progression and District inventory.
• Collaborate with IT, District, and School leaders to plan for the upgrade and enhancement of software and hardware and to assure adequate current capacity and continuous pro-active planning for growth
Additional Skills or Licenses:
• Two or four year degree in Computer Science or Management Information Systems or experience in a related field.
• At least two years’ experience in a computer support position with experience supporting end users on various application programs and maintaining computer and peripheral equipment.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Flexible and adaptable to changing activities and work loads
• Ability to simultaneously coordinate and complete multiple projects
• Knowledge of advanced troubleshooting techniques
• Ability to diagnose the nature and extent of a wide range of end user technology problems
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Services, Active Directory and Google Apps for Education preferred
• Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Windows, MacOS and iOS Operating systems
• Demonstrated ability to learn and desire to keep current with changes occurring in the industry
• Ability to work positively and cooperatively with others
• Maintain integrity of confidential information relating to students, staff, or district patrons
• Ability to work harmoniously with others
Salary: $55,000 to $65,000 dependent on experience
Great benefit package, PERS paid by district
Apply online through TalentEd