JOB TITLE: Director of Special Services
REPORTS TO: Superintendent
Works collaboratively with teachers, specialists and administrators to develop educational plans and programs to support the needs of all learners and to build relationships with students and their families. Full job description available upon request.
1. Hold or be eligible for Oregon Administrative License.
2. At least three years successful teaching or specialist work in the field of special education.
1. Spanish speaking, reading and writing skills.
SUMMARY OF ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Directly supervises all programs in special education.
2. Collaborates with building administration on supervision and administration of staff.
3. Establish positive working relationships with students, staff and parents.
4. Maintains confidential records to State and Federal specifications.
5. Coordinates efforts of District staff and consultants to integrate programs into a comprehensive whole.
6. Prepares annual census and prepares budgets for each area of supervision.
7. Interprets programs and regulations for special education and other areas of supervision to principals, the School Board, teachers, parents and students.
8. Oversees Talented and Gifted (TAG) program and tutoring services.
9. Oversees 504 development and compliance.
10. Oversees K-12 counselor program.
11. Depending on individual experience, other areas of supervision may include curriculum, assessment, or Title programs.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: 225 day contract, with excellent benefits. Salary $98,800 – 112,600. Begin work August 1, 2021.
TO APPLY: Go to the Seaside School District website employment page, http://www.seaside.k12.or.us/employment
TIMELINE: Open until filled
Your Future in Seaside Schools: https://youtu.be/CRPBq96AIsk
The Seaside School District, in support of employment practices free of barriers to disabled individuals and in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, provides reasonable accommodations necessary upon request and appropriate notice. For further information or assistance, contact the Business Manager at (503)738-5591. Speech/hearing impaired individuals may reach the District through the Oregon Telecommunications Relay Service by dialing 1(800)735-2900.