SEL program at Cascades School
8 hrs./day, Monday - Friday
1. Bachelor’s Degree.
2. Criminal history clearance.
3. Valid Oregon Teaching License with Special Education or Handicapped Learner endorsement.
DUTIES AND ASSIGNMENTS:
The primary purpose of this position is to provide for the special educational needs of identified
students keeping within the law, board policies, and administrative regulations. Responsible for
writing and implementing Individual Education Programs (IEP’s) for identified students.
1. Plans and implements a program of study following state and district goals/curriculum that
meets the individual needs and development of students.
2. Plans and implements the student’s program (IEP or 504 plan) by selecting specific
instructional activities, materials, and methods as related to diagnostic findings and
recommendations of the evaluation team.
3. Diagnoses the needs and abilities of assigned students and prescribes appropriate learning
activities for each student.
4. Organizes and conducts IEP meetings and manages the IEP or 504 process in accordance with
law and district requirements.
5. Conducts appropriate state and district assessment activities.
6. Assists the classroom teacher(s) in developing instructional programs by providing materials,
suggestions, techniques, and resources which the teacher(s) can use with the student(s) in the
7. Establishes and maintains open lines of communication with students and parents/guardians
concerning both the academic and behavioral progress of all assigned students.
8. Assists the administration in implementing all policies and/or rules governing student conduct,
develops reasonable rules of classroom behavior and procedure, and maintains order in the
classroom and school in a fair and just manner.
9. Maintains accurate, complete, and confidential records as required by law, district policy, and
10. Confers with colleagues, administration, students, and/or parents.
11. Assists parents and community members as needed.
12. Strives to maintain and improve professional competence through an ongoing program of
reading, workshops, seminars, conferences, classes and other professional development
13. Coordinates work of assigned support staff.
14. Works harmoniously with others and communicates effectively (both orally and in writing)
with students, parents and staff.
15. Operates computer and software programs as related to job responsibilities.
16. Lifts, moves, or restrains a student on a regular basis.
17. Frequent or prolonged standing, walking and sitting.
18. Frequent and prolonged talking/hearing conversations.
Interested applicants must apply through our District Office website at www.lebanon.k12.or.us ,
Quick Links/Job Opportunities. Salary as per negotiated agreement. For more information
interested applicants contact the Human Resources Office, (541) 259-8949.
Reasonable accommodations for the application and interview process will be provided upon
request and as required in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
Individuals with disabilities may contact Human Resources at (541) 259-8949 for additional
information or assistance. Speech/hearing impaired applicants may contact the District for
assistance through the Oregon Telecommunications Relay Service by dialing (800) 735-9200.
Spanish Voice/TTY#: 1-800-735-3896
Lebanon Community School District is an equal opportunity employer.
The District reserves the right to transfer employee to another position and/or site