Sisters Middle School, a proud member of the Central Oregon Middle School League, invites applications for the position of Head Football Coach. The candidate must possess the skills of a dynamic teacher who loves the sport of Football and is passionate about working with student-athletes. The applicant will demonstrate the ability to truly lead a Football program and its surrounding culture in its entirety. Leadership of all assistants, program operations, and coordination with the Sisters High School Head Football Coach are all vital portions of this position. Knowledge and commitment to the academic success of all Sisters athletes, commitment to school, and to conference are required.
Sisters is located in beautiful and sunny Central Oregon with surrounding mountains, lakes, streams and outdoor activities which include; skiing, fishing, climbing, and boating. Central Oregon is a hub for athletics based education and communities committed to healthy lifestyles.
Interested candidates please contact:
541-549-8521 ext. 5021
• Sisters School District Athletics Department seeks to develop the athlete as a total
person and encourages multidimensional athletes. We seek coaches, who are motivated, enthusiastic, and driven to developing talent in accordance with this philosophy.
• Assist the Sisters Head Football Coach to develop, articulate, and implement a vision for Sisters School District Football program K-12. Have high expectations for all student-athletes and coaching staff.
• Realize that you are a role model and are expected to conduct yourself with the highest ethical and moral standards of good sportsmanship and teaching.
• Develop and implement an off season program for your athletes.
• Scheduling practice sessions with consideration for assistant coaches and student-athlete welfare.
• Recommend / assist in scheduling for your sport to the Athletic Director.
• Hire quality assistants for your program and make sure they are properly certified.
• Fundraise for needs outside limited budget.
• Recommend and purchase of new equipment.
• Responsible for marking, care, inventory of supplies/uniforms etc. Responsible for your sports academic improvement / accountability.
• Understand and be a conduit of information regarding eligibility, practices, and all other team-related information including lettering, team rules etc.
• In case of injury making sure that the athletic trainer, parents, and if necessary the doctor are involved in care of the student athlete.
• Honoring all levels of athletic achievement through the celebration of improvement.
• Embrace the desire to build inclusive programs based on the pursuit of excellence.
(Advocate for all participants to attain an opportunity for athletic participation,
physical fitness, health, well-being, and champions’ attitude.)
• Set-up / run / take-down all home athletic contests.
• Approach challenges as a team. Demonstrate a unified effort which is distinguished by loyalty, selflessness, cooperation, and honoring the Sisters community.
• Model the “Outlaws Together” attitude by working with all coaches, administrators, staff within the athletic department on a common mission.
• Top-Notch teaching, communication, motivation, technology, and organization skills.
• He/she should have knowledge of the technical rules of Middle School Football and have strong organizational skills, familiarity scheduling football games and a strong desire to develop many young student athletes.
• Successful high school / college coaching experience or equivalent.
• Strong collaboration with other coaches by building enthusiasm, loyalty, cooperation and friendships all as a basis for an athletic department built on the pursuit of excellence.
• Have high academic expectations of student / athletes and hold all players accountable.
• Must hold NFHS Foundations of Coaching, Concussion, Steroid, 3 Dimensional Coaching, and Heat Illness certifications as well as a valid First Aid / CPR card prior to working with SSD student athletes.
Posting can be located at: http://ssd6.org/departments/humanresources/jobs/ under Co-Curricular.
Start Date: August 30, 2021
Salary: $2,311.00 - $2,888.00 Season
Position Closes: Until Filled
Submission Details: Please submit your Letter of Interest, Resume, Co-Curricular Application, and letters of recommendation to:
Sisters School District
Attn: Tracy Suckow
525 E. Cascade Ave.
Sisters, OR 97759
If questions, contact Tracy at 541 549-8521 #5021 or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org