Please complete the online application listed here: https://rainier.tedk12.com/hire/index.aspx or email your resume and cover letter to Shalana_Harrison@rsd.k12.or.us
Rainier School District
Secondary Math Teacher
The Math teacher promotes and develops a successful and engaging math environment for
students in our district. The teacher will be responsible for both group and individual instruction
of math students with an emphasis on students who do not meet, or struggle to meet the state
standards. Monitors student progress and adjusts curriculum to meet students’ needs.
1. Holds an appropriate license and an Advanced Math endorsement from Teacher
Standards and Practices Commission in the State of Oregon.
2. Meets the minimum criteria for Highly Qualified designation.
3. Demonstrates knowledge and understand of Positive Behavior Support.
4. Demonstrates command of oral and written English language.
5. Knowledge and understanding of the Oregon/Common Core state standards and a
commitment to help students succeed on the Oregon State Assessments.
6. Preferred training and/or experience; or willingness to take course work to increase
knowledge and use of the following instructional and management strategies to include:
1. Effective Instructional Strategies
2. Proficiency based teaching and learning
3. Problem Solving Strategies
4. Common Core State Standards
5. Mathematical Processes
6. Smarter Balanced Assessments
7. Collaborative Professional Learning Communities/Data Teams
MUST BE ABLE TO:
1. Implement a variety of summative and formative assessments
2. Demonstrate knowledge of and ability to use research-based curriculum and principles of
3. Organize instruction using learning objectives with clearly defined student outcomes.
4. Uses methods and materials that most appropriately support the math standards.
5. Provide differentiated math instruction to at-risk students.
6. Develop and maintain a classroom environment that promotes learning and communicate
those expectations to all students.
7. Prepare effectively for each class.
8. Prepare daily lesson plans.
9. Provide instruction based on both the district Math standards and individual student
10. Communicate grading standards to students and parents.
11. Provide documentation of student progress.
12. Maintain appropriate records of student progress.
13. Provide timely and accurate feedback/documentation to students and parents.
14. Assign and check homework and provide feedback, when appropriate.
15. Keep parent, teachers and administrators informed through written and oral
16. Build motivation and interest in learning.
17. Maintain an ongoing personal program of professional growth and development.
18. Participate in District sponsored inservice offerings.
19. Attend all required training and staff developments.
20. Act as an instructional leader in the area of Math and Literacy.
21. Provide information to teachers about best practices in the area of math and literacy.
22. Assist other teachers in the location and preparation of math materials.
23. Help develop learning opportunities for teachers and instructional assistance in the area
of Math instruction and Literacy.