NOTICE OF VACANCY
August 18, 2021
Job Title: Substitute Instructional Assistant
Reports To: Building Administrator
Hours/Week: As needed
Months/Year: Based on district calendar
This position assists teaching staff in a variety of classroom settings by performing instructional tasks one-on-one with students and in small student groups. Also provides student supervision in various settings.
• High School diploma or equivalent.
• One year related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Prior experience in school setting preferred.
• Contingent on Criminal Records Check - SB 1078
• Contingent on previous Educational Employer Check
• Fingerprinting required
• Meet Highly Qualified Standards for an Instructional Assistant
RESPONSIBILITIES (Include but are not limited to):
• Follow and maintains knowledge of all District policy(ies) and procedures.
• Assist students, individually or in groups, with lesson assignments including; but not limited to reading, math, and writing groups.
• Tutor students individually or in small groups to reinforce and follow-up learning activities.
• Oversee and supervises students during classroom activities in a variety of school settings, field trips, in the library, at lunch, and during recess.
• Maintain and ensures safety and security of students at all times.
• Assist teacher with maintaining student records, attendance records, and files.
TO APPLY: Application information at: https://blachly.tedk12.com/hire/index.aspx
LAST DAY TO APPLY: Position is open until filled.
Gov. Kate Brown has directed that Oregon will implement a legal requirement that all public and private school teachers, staff and volunteers must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. "Fully vaccinated" is defined as 14 days after receiving all required doses of an approved COVID-19 vaccine (currently two shots of Pfizer or Moderna vaccine, or one shot of Johnson & Johnson vaccine). All staff members will need to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination. Exemptions may be made only for eligible medical or religious reasons. There will not be an option to opt out for other reasons or choose testing in lieu of vaccination, under the state mandate.
Blachly School District #90 is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to meeting the full intent of the Americans with Disabilities Act.