Phoenix-Talent School District #4 is seeking applications for the position of:
TEMPORARY UP TO 60 DAY CLERICAL ASSISTANT - 20 HOURS/WEEK - Phoenix-Talent Schools District Office
Individuals wishing to apply for this position should submit a completed District application and resume by going to https://phoenixtalent.tedk12.com/hire/index.aspx . If you have any questions about the application process, please contact Human Resources at 541/535-1517.
CLOSING DATE: Until Filled
REPORTS TO: Assistant Superintendent of HR
SALARY: $14.69 per hour.
JOB DESCRIPTION: Performs a variety of noncomplex, general clerical, typing, and/or office support duties. Assists HR executive assistant by filing, data entry, answering phones, greeting clients, scheduling meetings, sorting mail, restocking supplies and other related duties as assigned.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• One year office experience preferred.
• Working knowledge of office practices and procedures.
• Works well with others, maintains confidentiality, strong communication skills, and contributes to building a positive office dynamic.
• Ability to communicate fluently both verbally and in writing in English.
• Spanish language skills desired.
• Knowledge of modern office methods, practices and procedures.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions.
• General knowledge of computer usage and ability to use database software, internet software, e-mail, spreadsheets and word processing software.
• Certificates as determined by the District including valid first aid/CPR card and bloodbome pathogen training.
• Must have excellent customer service skills. Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Physical demands needed: ability to communicate with students, co-workers, and the public; ability to communicate over the telephone; ability to respond to telephone, bells, students, co-workers, etc.; ability to respond to classroom disturbances, visual cues, student requests, etc.; ability to read written materials; ability to operate office equipment; ability to carry or lift light loads (25 lbs).
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: This position is 20 hours/week, with a flexible daily schedule, beginning as soon as possible for up to 60 days.
All applicants will be considered carefully. Those candidates selected for interviews will be notified shortly after the closing date. Applicants are asked not to call for interviews. All applicants will be notified when the position is filled.
Phoenix-Talent School District #4 is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in accordance with Federal and State Legislation, does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, age, national origin, or marital status, physical or mental disability in employment practices or education programs. If you need special accommodations because of a disability, please contact the personnel office at 535-1517 Voice/TDD.
Any offer of employment made by Phoenix-Talent Schools is contingent upon satisfactory results of:
1. Drug screening tests for any illegal drug or substance classified in Schedules I through V under the Federal Controlled Substances Act, 21 U.S.C. 811 to 812. This includes, but is not limited to, marijuana, mind-altering substances or narcotic drugs such as hallucinogens, amphetamines, barbiturates, or any other illegal drug or controlled substance, except those federally recognized as legally prescribed by a physician and used as directed.
2. Criminal history verification- a background check for any convictions directly related to the duties and responsibilities of the position. Unless otherwise required by law, only job-related convictions will be considered and will not automatically disqualify the applicant from employment.