Sisters School District is widely recognized as an implementer of innovative programs and support systems that make success possible for every student and team member. Our family-centered community enjoys a true hometown feel with outstanding school support. With plenty of sunshine and some of the country's most beautiful outdoor scenery and activities, it's the perfect place to live and learn and teach.
Job Summary: The educator is the primary instructional delivery person in the classroom. Student achievement and growth are primarily dependent on the work and efforts of the classroom teacher. The position is demanding, varied and complex. The classroom teacher must be a relationship builder, have excellent communication and interpersonal skills and be well trained in current knowledge and teaching strategies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Employees in this position perform some or all of the following tasks. Other related duties may be assigned.
• Teach classes at a proficient level based upon the SSD standards of professional practice.
• Adhere to all Oregon Administrative Rules.
• Embrace and implement researched-based instructional strategies.
• Establish daily classroom routines and conditions that allow ALL students the opportunity to access and make sense of course content.
• Be flexible and adapt to student and school need.
• Be organized, reflective, participatory and punctual.
• Make learning visible through effective questioning, student engagement, and discourse routines.
• Work frequently and cooperatively with other team members to continuously improve the instructional program.
• Reflect on the effectiveness of daily instruction and use research-based best practices to make adjustments based on student outcomes, behaviors, and feedback received.
• Effectively use computer and technology to support effective instruction and student learning.
• Evaluate and differentiate student progress and adapt individual programs to meet student needs.
• Implement Common Core curriculum, district curriculum, and school and district professional development with rigor, purpose, and planning.
• Comply with applicable District, state, local and federal laws, rules and regulations.
• Adhere to all standards established by Teachers Standards and Practices Commission (TSPC) for the Competent and Ethical Educator.
• Maintain appropriate licenses and training hours as required.
• Attend work regularly.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s Degree; at least three years experience.
• Must have valid TSPC Oregon teaching license with a Language Arts Endorsement.
• Submission of professional application materials.
• Good communication skills with staff, parents and community.
• Master’s degree and appropriate coursework in content area.
• Experience with AVID program.
• PBIS Experience.
• RtI Experience (Rtl: Response to Intervention).
• PLC Knowledge & Experience.
• Outdoor Experimental Learning.
• Social-Emotional/Trauma Informed Practice Knowledge.
The physical abilities described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; sit; use hands for fine manipulation, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance and peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Start Date: August 2021
Salary: $38,511.00- $75,750.00 Based on education and experience per CBA Excellent benefits package and Employer-paid PERS.
Contract Days: 190
Position Closes: Open Until Filled
Submit your Talented Recruit & Hire Application, Cover Letter, Resume, Transcripts and Three letters of recommendation on Talented Recruit and Hire @ https://sisters.cloud.talentedk12.com/hire/index.aspx (Link on webpage)
Contact: Tracy Suckow in the HR Department for any questions regarding this position @ 541 549-8521 #5021.
Sisters School District is an Equal Opportunity Employer