The Sisters School District is accepting applications for candidates interested and qualified in teaching and servicing students who are learning English as a second language in grades K-12. Spanish speaking is a plus.
The position of ELL Teacher is to provide a language program in English for students who are nonnative speakers of English. He or she works to integrate students with the regular school program. The teacher maintains a cooperative attitude with staff, parents and students.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Employees in this position perform some or all of the following tasks. Other related duties may be assigned.
• Oversee and ensure compliance and maintain accurate documentation for all identified English language learner students grade K-12.
• Assess and instruct all K-12 ELL students.
• Teach classes at a proficient level based upon the SSD standards of professional practice.
• Adhere to all Oregon Administrative Rules.
• Embrace and implement researched-based instructional strategies.
• Establish daily classroom routines and conditions that allow ALL students the opportunity to access and make sense of course content.
• Be flexible and adapt to student and school need.
• Be organized, reflective, participatory and punctual.
• Make learning visible through effective questioning, student engagement, and discourse routines.
• Work frequently and cooperatively with other team members to continuously improve the instructional program.
• Reflect on the effectiveness of daily instruction and use research-based best practices to make adjustments based on student outcomes, behaviors, and feedback received.
• Effectively use computer and technology to support effective instruction and student learning.
• Evaluate and differentiate student progress and adapt individual programs to meet student needs.
• Implement Common Core curriculum, district curriculum, and school and district professional development with rigor, purpose, and planning.
• Comply with applicable District, state, local and federal laws, rules and regulations.
• Adhere to all standards established by Teachers Standards and Practices Commission (TSPC) for the Competent and Ethical Educator.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
• Motivate students, communicate with individuals from varied educational and cultural backgrounds, direct support personnel, evaluate performance, and is fluent in oral and written English.
• Knowledge of age appropriate teaching methods, state curriculum framework, education code and appropriate instructional subjects.
• Multicultural Competency.
Preferred training and/or experience in the following District Strategies:
• Positive Behavior Intervention Strategies
• Sheltered Instruction/SIOP
• Differentiated Instruction
• Professional Learning Communities
• Spanish Endorsement
• ELD Instruction
• Experience with diverse students preferred
• Master of Science or Arts Degree
• Oregon Teaching License (or ability to obtain by position start date)
• English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) Endorsement
• Excellent written communication skills
The physical abilities described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; sit; use hands for fine manipulation, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance and peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Start Date: As soon as possible.
Employment, Salary and Benefits:
• $38,511.00 - $75,750.00. Based upon education and experience.
• This is a full-time, (1.0 FTE), 190-day contract position, including 6 paid holidays, 3 paid personal days, bereavement and sick leave.
• Sisters School District offers several competitive and comprehensive benefits packages to team members, and contributes a district paid monthly amount towards these benefits. Benefits include medical, prescription, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, employee assistance (EAP) and wellness
• Sisters School District offers additional optional benefits such as Section 125 Flexible Spending and/or Dependent Day Care accounts, 403(b) & 457 retirement savings plans, and other optional coverages.
• Employer-paid PERS is provided to qualified team members.
Position Closes: Open until filled.
Submit your Talented Recruit & Hire Application, Cover Letter, Resume, Transcripts and Three letters of recommendation on Talented Recruit and Hire @ https://sisters.cloud.talentedk12.com/hire/index.aspx (Link on webpage)
Contact: Tracy Suckow in the HR Department for any questions regarding this position @ 541 549-8521 #5021.
Sisters School District is an Equal Opportunity Employer