School Psychologist - Secondary
Parkrose High School &
Parkrose Middle School
2021-2022 School Year
*Salary Range: $43,165 - $85,431 DOE
Hours: 40 hours per week
Days: 191 days per year
Deadline: Open Until Filled; Applications received by September 17, 2021 receive first consideration
Overview: The job of “Psychologist” is done for the purpose/s of assessing students’ intellectual and mental functional levels; providing information for program development and student placement; conducting functional behavior assessments, developing behavior plans; and providing information on child development and/or issues on specific students to instructional personnel. The licensed staff maintains a cooperative attitude with staff, parents and students. Parkrose expects licensed staff to be aware of and maintain “The competent educator standards” found in the Oregon Administrative Rules (OAR 584-020-0010 which are attached to this job description.
• A valid Oregon teaching certificate with appropriate endorsement from the Teacher Standards and Practices Commission (TSPC) is required upon hiring. It is the employee’s responsibility to maintain their license and acquire the necessary credits to renew.
• Ability to prepare effectively for class
• Ability to develop and communicate appropriate grading standards to students
• Maintain positive interpersonal relationships
• Document student progress
• Knowledge of age-appropriate teaching methods, state curriculum framework, education code, appropriate instructional subjects.
• Ability to meet deadlines.
• Multicultural Competency
• Positive Behavior Intervention Strategies
• Sheltered Instruction/SIOP
• Differentiated Instruction
• Professional Learning Communities
• Experience with diverse students preferred
Reports to: Director of Student Services
To Apply: Candidates will complete the Parkrose application online at TalentEd. In order for your application to be complete, you must submit the documents listed below in addition to the application at TalentEd: https://parkrose.tedk12.com/hire.
• Cover Letter
• TalentEd Application
• Three (3) current letters of recommendation
• Essay Questions:
1. Describe your experience in teaching and/or serving and/or working with a diverse population and underrepresented communities?
2. We have a deep commitment to challenging institutional racism. Can you speak to how you have done this in your practice?
Parkrose is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants with culturally diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
• Assesses students’ functional capabilities in home and/or classroom environment for the purpose of determining students’ functional level and developing recommendations for placement.
• Analyzes and observes students in school settings to determine function of behavior and facilitates development of function-based behavior support plans.
• Oversees para educator/Educational Assistants assignments and duties as needed.
• Consults with teachers, parents, and other personnel and/or outside professionals for the purpose of providing requested information, developing plans for services and/or making recommendations.
• Collaborates with support team members, under the leadership of the principal, to develop and strengthen multi-tiered systems of support at the school.
• Counsels students, parents, and guardians for the purpose of enhancing student success in school.
• Facilitates communication between students and/or parents with teachers and/or other personnel for the purpose of evaluating situations, solving problems, and/or resolving conflicts.
• Facilitates meetings (e.g. IEP conferences, parent meetings, in-services, etc.) for the purpose developing plans and/or providing information regarding students’ functional goals.
• Intervenes to support students in learning adaptive skills in self-regulation and social interaction and intervenes to support student and staff safety.
• Participates in various meetings (e.g. parent conferences, in-service training, site meetings, etc.) for the purpose of receiving and/or providing information and/or meeting credential requirements.
• Prepares documentation (e.g. evaluations, observations, progress, contacts with parents, teachers, and outside professionals, etc.) for the purpose of providing written support, developing recommendations and/or conveying information.
• Presents information on various topics related to area of professional expertise in psychology for the purpose of communicating information and gaining feedback on treatment issues.
• Researches resources and methods (i.e. intervention and treatment techniques, assessment tools, and methods, community resources, etc.) for the purpose of determining appropriate approach for addressing students’ specific needs.
• Supervises interns for the purposes of monitoring performance, providing for professional growth and achieving overall objectives of school curriculum (after three years of experience as a school psychologist).
• Serves as a key member of the school’s student services teams, participating under the supervision and direction of the principal in threat assessments, safety planning, and suicide screenings.
Serves as a case manager for students who primarily need SDI in social /emotional skills; and will design and deliver this SD
Other Job Functions:
• Performs other duties which may be assigned.
• Participate in District-sponsored in-service offerings, PLC meetings, etc. appropriate to assignment
• Regular attendance at work and activities must be maintained
• Punctual in meeting deadlines, attending meetings and following schedules
• Maintains confidential information relating to students, families and colleagues
• In an eight (8) hour day the teacher may:
o Stand/walk – 3 – 6 hours
o Sit - 2 – 4 hours
• The teacher will need:
o Near/far visual acuity, depth perception. unaffected field of vision, unaffected hearing and the
ability to evacuate students from classrooms/buildings
• The teacher may occasionally:
o Bend, kneel, squat, climb stairs or ladders. use hands for repetitive motions and lift/carry/reach