HOW TO APPLY: Please visit www.pps.net/jobs and use job number 23219 to apply
SALARY: $48,096 to $93,589 per year
Portland Public Schools (PPS) is seeking talented people from diverse backgrounds and experiences to lead change and inspire students. The Career & Technical Education Teacher on Special Assignment (CTE TOSA) promotes and enhances the overall academic mission of the district by providing leadership, systems development, advocacy, and coaching to a) increase high school graduation and post-secondary achievement rates, b) promote and expand equitable access to college-level and career/technical educational opportunities, c) enhance implementation of career learning and Career & Technical Education programs, d) ensure alignment with the labor market, high-wage/high demand occupations, and e) provide supports to comply with state and district requirements. With the District’s focus on eliminating systemic racism and its adverse impact on student learning, we seek to hire individuals who bring to our district a deep commitment to racial equity and social justice.
- Career & Technical Education (CTE) Endorsement
- Teacher Standards and Practices Commission (TSPC) license for assignment as a Professional Educator - Teacher
- May require the use of a personal automobile and possession of a valid Class C Oregon driver’s license
- Training and/or experience in a similar classroom setting (preferred)
- Bilingual/Bi-Cultural Chinese, Russian, Somali, Spanish, and/or Vietnamese (preferred)