Regional Educator Network (REN)
Supports Clackamas & Multnomah
Full Time (8 hours per day, 5 days per week)
230-Day Work Year (July through June)
$69,758 - $82,068 / year, plus benefits package
Clackamas ESD strives to infuse equity in all our programs and bodies of work by maintaining an inclusive, barrier-free environment in which everyone participates and fully benefits. Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for jobs unless they believe they meet every one of the qualifications as described in a job description. We are most interested in finding the best candidate for the job, and that candidate may be one who comes from a less traditional background. We would encourage you to apply, even if you don't believe you meet every one of our qualifications described. If you are unsure whether you meet the qualifications of this position, or how this would be determined, please feel free to contact Human Resources to discuss your application.
General Description of the Position: The Network Equity Support and Development Facilitator will support all levels of the network from the internal REN staff, district leaders, individual educators and teams to understand the foundational knowledge, skills, dispositions and behaviors needed for the successful implementation of improvement ideas for systemic change. The Facilitator will work to align, enhance and support the equity work already happening in districts and provide opportunities and resources to expand capacity and learning of all partners. Addressing the challenges of deconstructing institutional structures that promote persisting disparate outcomes for stakeholder groups. The Network Equity Support and Development Facilitator should be able to demonstrate a personal commitment to anti-racism with an understanding of challenges and barriers faced by communities concerning race, ethnicity, class, language, ability, immigration status, and gender. A candidate must also understand and operationalize a strength based approach, have the ability to identify and amplify the local and regional strengths, and coach others toward an asset-based framework. Candidate must have a background in designing and facilitating professional learning to support growth and development towards equitable education systems.
General Description of the Program: The Regional Educator Network (REN) was implemented to help create more equity across Oregon’s school districts by providing more educator support processes across the board. The REN affords every school district more opportunities for their educators leading to better outcomes for their students. For more information, checkout the Regional Educator Network online.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS - for a complete list of essential functions, refer to the job description.
1) Coordinate with district and regional equity leaders across the state
2) Collaborate with REN staff to ensure continuous improvement processes are evaluated through a racial equity lens
3) Collaborate with data and measurement teams to interrogate data for bias
4) Create criteria for foundational knowledge/skill/dispositions/behaviors for teams to implement change ideas
5) Create and conduct gap analysis - equity learning, engagement, development
6) Please see job description for complete list of essential functions.
1) Master’s Degree in applicable field of study, or equivalent education/experience (e.g. Bachelor’s Degree plus two years of related work experience)
2) Prior experience with Professional Learning Teams, mentoring and coaching others preferred
3) Prior experience working in education and moving equity initiatives, policy and conversation
4) Demonstrated commitment to equity and prior experience revising systems that have perpetuated disproportionate outcomes for marginalized populations
5) For a complete list of minimum qualifications, please see full job description (District may consider other alternatives to the above qualifications as the District finds appropriate and acceptable)
* Holds an active Oregon TSPC Teaching or Administrative License
* Prior teacher experience in K-12 classroom setting
TO APPLY: Submit your application directly at https://www.applitrack.com/clackesd/onlineapp/
Application Deadline: October 4, 2021 at 4:30pm
Commences: As soon as practical following job offer
Salary: $69,758 - $82,068 for 230-day contract. Commensurate with education and past experience [Range 6]
Benefits: Clackamas ESD offers a generous benefit package providing health insurance including HRA options, dental with orthodontia, and vision insurance, with district-paid premium contributions. Paid holidays, sick leave, vacation time off, and other personal leave provided, along with retirement through the Oregon Public Employees Retirement System (PERS) and professional development allocation.
Clackamas Education Service District is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce along with the students and families that we serve.
Clackamas ESD policy provides veterans and disabled veterans with preference as required by law.