The Confidential Secretary provides direct secretarial support including general office and clerical functions to the Superintendent, and Board of Directors. He/she performs complex and highly responsible support services. He/she assists in establishing, directing and maintaining procedures, services and policies, which support and enhance communications and functions within the organization. In meeting this responsibility, the Confidential Secretary incorporates needs into custom-designed routines, procedures and services. He/she utilizes a variety of skills, including, but not limited to, organization, typing, filing and client relations, and maintaining confidentiality with respect to confidential records related to bargaining and employee matters.
The Confidential Secretary also performs a variety of independent work projects for the district office staff, helping in other departments when needed. Since this position requires working with matters of collective bargaining, the employee is considered “confidential” under Oregon law and our collective bargaining agreement.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Essential duties of this position include the following. Employees in this position perform some or all of the following tasks. Other duties may be assigned.
• Serves as the first point of contact for community members and staff.
• Manage incoming information such as mail, telephone calls, email, and visitors.
• Communicate effectively with customers, employees and the public using tact, courtesy and good judgement.
• Work with accuracy and with attention to detail.
• Contribute to a positive and productive work environment.
• Manage internal information and materials related to collective bargaining and contract management.
• Manage outgoing information through producing correspondence, reports, catalogues and directories.
• Exercise independent judgment in determining formats, setting timelines, and establishing procedures.
• Process, gather and assimilate confidential materials/information in accordance with established procedures and legal requirements.
• Assist other staff members as necessary in performing independent projects and other tasks.
• Prepare Board agendas, packets, and mailings for Sisters School District.
• Attend meetings and takes minutes (i.e. board meetings, various staff meetings).
• Monitor Board policies and policy updates, revise and track review process through completion.
• Ensure Board policies are accurate and up to date on website and in master policy books.
• Establish work routines and procedures as appropriate in order to upgrade quantity and quality of work.
• Organize and prepare for events and meetings.
• Oversees the processing of the applications for school volunteers, including background checks.
• Plan and schedule travel arrangements for Superintendent, and board members.
• Respect and maintain confidential information in all situations.
• Fulfill other related duties/functions as assigned or directed.
Qualifications (Knowledge & Skills):
• Associate Degree plus three (3) years of specialized and general office experience or any combination of education and experience, which would provide the desired skills, knowledge and ability, required to perform the job.
• Relevant experience/knowledge in a school district setting or other public sector employer is preferred. The successful candidate has a good knowledge of modern standard office procedures, techniques, practices, and functions including advanced computer skills.
• The person in this position must have a thorough knowledge of business English, composition, spelling and punctuation.
• Must have a firm sense of professional responsibility, as well as solid organizational skills.
• Ability to provide customized services and the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others. Ability to undertake responsibilities, complete assignments with a minimum of supervision, and work autonomously when required.
• Must have access to reliable transportation, and consistent attendance is required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk, sit, use hands for fine manipulation, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance and peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Start Date: November 1, 2021
Employment, Salary and Benefits:
• This is a full-time 240-day contract (full year) position, including 11 paid holidays, 3 personal days, bereavement and sick leave.
• Salary: $46,000.00 annually.
• Sisters School District offers several competitive and comprehensive benefits packages to team members, and contributes a district paid monthly amount towards these benefits. Benefits include medical, prescription, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, employee assistance (EAP) and wellness
• Sisters School District offers additional optional benefits such as Section 125 Flexible Spending and/or Dependent Day Care accounts, 403(b) & 457 retirement savings plans, and other optional coverages.
• Employer-paid PERS.
Position Closes: Friday, October 8, 2021
Please submit your letter of Interest, complete Talented Recruit & Hire Application, Resume, Transcripts and three (3) letters of recommendation on Talented Recruit and Hire @ https://sisters.cloud.talentedk12.com/hire/index.aspx (Link on webpage).
Contact: Tracy Suckow in the HR Department for any questions regarding this position @ 541 549-8521 #5021 or email@example.com
Sisters School District is an Equal Opportunity Employer