Full-time (8 hours per day / 5 days per week)
Clackamas ESD strives to infuse equity in all our programs and bodies of work by maintaining an inclusive, barrier-free environment in which everyone participates and fully benefits. Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for jobs unless they believe they meet every one of the qualifications as described in the job description. We are most interested in finding the best candidate for the job, and that candidate may be the one who comes from a less traditional background. We would encourage you to apply, even if you don't believe you meet every one of our qualifications described. If you are unsure whether you meet the qualifications of this position, or how this would be determined, please feel free to contact Human Resources to discuss your application.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF THE POSITION: The Accounting Specialist performs a variety of accounting functions, centered on Accounts Payable (AP), Accounts Receivable (AR), and purchasing functions; assists with Payroll when the Payroll Accountant is absent.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF THE PROGRAM: The Fiscal Services Department performs and oversees all fiscal functions for the ESD including: budget development and preparation, accounts payable/receivable functions and monthly payrolls; monitoring local, state, and federal contracts and grants, administering the District's Section 125 Plan and risk-management program, and more. In addition to the District accounting functions, Fiscal provides customer service to all local school districts within Clackamas County for the finance system, such as payroll, accounts payable and fixed asset accounting. Fiscal also assists local districts with general accounting matters, fiscal analysis, and interpretation of local budget law and public bidding rules. At the request of the local school districts, Fiscal will assist with the preparation, review and filing of budget documents with the appropriate agencies.
1) Reviews invoices, statements and shipping documents to make sure all information is accurate and complete
2) Produces and distributes purchase orders to appropriate vendors
3) Pays vendor invoices and employee reimbursement requests
4) Participates in the Cash Receipts process as assigned, supporting appropriate internal controls
5) Responds to requests and inquiries from employees, vendors, and clients requiring an extensive knowledge of the district general ledger system and accounts payable/receivable functions, including the training of staff in AP/AR and purchasing functions
6) See the attached Job Description for a complete list of essential job functions
1) Associate degree with accounting emphasis or equivalent experience and training in a related area
2) Recent successful experience with accounts payable functions on a computer based system
3) Recent successful experience with spreadsheet software
4) Working knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and governmental accounting
5) Recent successful experience working with a variety of external systems to create source input documentation for the current finance system
6) See the attached Job Description for a complete list of minimum qualifications
Clackamas Education Service District is one of Oregon's 19 ESDs charged with providing programs for children with special needs, technology support, school improvement, and administrative services to local school districts and the Oregon Department of Education. Clackamas ESD serves ten school districts in Clackamas County, including Canby, Colton, Estacada, Gladstone, Lake Oswego, Molalla River, North Clackamas, Oregon City, Oregon Trail, and West Linn-Wilsonville.
TO APPLY: Submit your application directly at https://www.applitrack.com/clackesd/onlineapp/
Application Review: Applications due October 7, 2021 by 4:30pm
Salary: $25.35 per hour - Range 19 (2021-22 Online Classified Salary Schedule)
Benefits: Clackamas ESD offers a generous benefit package providing health insurance including HRA options, dental with orthodontia, and vision insurance, with district-paid premium contributions. Paid holidays, sick leave, vacation and other personal leave provided, along with retirement through the Oregon Public Employees Retirement System (PERS) and professional development allocation.
Commences: As soon as practical following job offer and completion of pre-employment requirements
Clackamas Education Service District is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce along with the students and families that we serve.
Clackamas ESD policy provides veterans and disabled veterans with preference as required by law.