The Nutrition Services Coordinator is responsible for the management of the District’s Nutrition Services program. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the supervision and training of all Nutrition Services staff, development and organization of the Nutrition Services function, budgeting and assisting in the financial management of the Nutrition Services program, maintaining high standards for sanitation and safety, and facilitating relationships with education partners, including administrators, staff, parents, and students.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential duties of this position include the following. Employees in this position must be able to perform with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation. Employees in this position perform some or all of the following tasks. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Committed to the pursuit of excellence: demonstrates a willingness to speak honestly, listen openly, and lead purposefully as a District leader and supervisor.
2. Committed to providing innovation and leadership towards reaching extraordinary results in a growing school district.
3. Engaging financial change agent striving for exceptional results in the area of Nutrition Services.
4. Personal and professional honesty and integrity with strong ethical and moral standards.
5. Strong interpersonal skills – a team builder and a team player.
6. Innovative and creative problem-solving abilities, engaging others in decision-making, and willing to assume responsibility for decisions.
7. Strong supporter of all staff and students.
8. A strong work ethic.
9. Provides leadership for the District in the management of the Nutrition Services program.
10. Oversees, plans, organizes, and directs the procurement systems for food, equipment, and services for the Nutrition Services program.
11. Establishes Nutrition Services strategies by evaluating trends; determining, productivity, quality, and customer-service strategies; designing systems; accumulating resources; resolving problems; and implementing change.
12. Establishes a pricing structure for meals and food items that follows federal, state and local guidelines.
13. Meets all federal and state professional standard requirements for directors operating School Breakfast and National School Lunch programs.
14. Develops and implements nutritionally-sound menus to comply with federal, state and local regulations; monitors compliance at all school sites.
15. Develops specifications for food, supplies, and equipment bids and quotations to meet short and long-term goals.
16. Assists the Business Manager in preparing budgets that appropriately reflect financial goals.
17. Ensures compliance with procedures for collecting, reconciling, depositing, and disbursing funds.
18. Establishes procedures to maintain required daily food production records at each site.
19. Selects, supervises, responds to routine personnel matters, and evaluates Nutrition Services staff.
20. Serves as a communication link between Nutrition Services staff, district staff, parents, and other community members in a professional manner; provides impeccable customer service.
21. Analyzes work methods in school kitchens to achieve maximum efficiency and effective management of inventory; creates procedures for the proper care, preventative maintenance, and repair of equipment.
22. Assures resolution of problems or emergencies affecting the availability or quality of Nutrition Services.
23. Implements sanitation standards and safety practices, which include energy conservation, recycling, and waste disposal.
24. Monitors and trains substitute personnel within the Nutrition Services program.
25. Provides professional development to staff in areas of food production, sanitation, safety, and collaboration.
26. Establishes open communication and interactions with Nutrition Services staff and continually builds relationships built on trust and respect.
27. Abides by federal and state laws and school district policies, procedures and rules.
28. Professionally represents the school and the District in interactions with community and staff.
29. Maintains appropriate certifications and training hours as required.
30. Complies with applicable District, state, local and federal laws, rules and regulations.
31. Attends work regularly and is punctual.
32. Perform such other duties (which may require knowledge of other job descriptions) as may be assigned.
Nutrition Services Coordinator
Mt. Angel School District
SALARY RANGE: $14,991-$18,465/annually
POSTING DATE: September 23, 2021
CONTRACT LENGTH: 183 Days
START DATE: September 30, 2021
• Bachelor’s degree or;
• Minimum 5 years of experience in food services management
To apply, please submit an online application via the Talented Ed/SchoolSpring website at https://mtangel.tedk12.com/hire/index.aspx. A link can be found on our website: www.masd91.org
DEADLINE: Position open until filled. Applications will be screened as they are received and interviews will begin when the District believes it has received sufficient qualified applications.
CONTACT: Jill Holland, Administrative Assistant
PO Box 1129 Mt. Angel, Oregon 97362
Phone: 503.845.2345 Fax: 503.845.2789