Apply to www.macnjake.com
The Winston-Dillard School District No. 116, Winston, Oregon, Board of Directors, is seeking a highly qualified Superintendent. The Board wishes to have the successful candidate assume the responsibilities of the position July 1, 2022.
McPherson & Jacobson, L.L.C., Executive Recruitment and Development has been engaged as the consultant in a search for outstanding candidates. They will assist the Board of Directors in identifying and screening the candidates.
Location: 185 miles south of Portland
The candidate must have the background, skills, and abilities essential for excellence in educational leadership. The Board recognizes that selecting a superintendent is one of the most important decisions it will make. The Board developed the following desired characteristics.
• Puts KIDS first; serving K-12 students from all walks of life;
• Background in teaching and building administration (instructional leadership) preferably in small rural communities similar to Winston-Dillard;
• High degree of integrity/honesty with strong core values;
• Effective communication and listening skills;
• Proven ability to make tough decisions when necessary and effectively communicate the reasons (transparency);
• Is personable/ approachable while keeping an open mind; good sense of humor;
• Understands Oregon school finance, demonstrates sound fiscal management and strong budgeting skills;
• Strong participation in our community, schools and school programs;
• Ability to build and sustain strong, effective family/community partnerships that impact student success;
• Works well with others with a high-degree of cultural competency.
• The successful candidate must hold or qualify for an Oregon superintendent’s license.
• Total Compensation: Negotiable, $130,000 – 140,000.
• Closing date for applications: December 15, 2021 (11:30 p.m. central time)
• Board of Directors selects finalists to interview: Between January 12-19, 2022
• Interviews with the Board of Directors: January 31-Feburary 4, 2022
• Selection of new Superintendent: Early February 2022
• Start date: July 1, 2022