Greater Albany Public Schools
Apply to www.macnjake.com
The Greater Albany Public Schools, Albany, Oregon, School Board, is seeking a highly qualified Superintendent. The Board wishes to have the successful candidate assume the responsibilities of the position July 1, 2022.
McPherson & Jacobson, L.L.C., Executive Recruitment and Development has been engaged as the consultant in a search for outstanding candidates. They will assist the School Board in identifying and screening the candidates.
Location: 70 miles south of Portland
The candidate must have the background, skills, and abilities essential for excellence in educational leadership. The Board recognizes that selecting a superintendent is one of the most important decisions it will make.
• Our next superintendent is a skilled communicator, intent on engaging and listening to all stakeholders. This includes specific communication strategies to reach members of our diversity-rich community who have not always felt their voices heard and validated.
• Our next superintendent is a unifier who engages and listens with humility and compassion.
• Our next superintendent is an instructional leader who implements rigorous and engaging programs which ensure all students achieve academic excellence.
• Our next superintendent understands the importance of social, emotional and mental health supports for staff and students.
• Our next superintendent is committed to the delivery of equitable outcomes and systems for all students.
• Closing date for applications: December 13, 2021 (11:30 p.m. central time)
• School Board selects finalists to interview: January 10, 2022
• Semi-Finalists Interviews with the School Board: January 18-21, 2022
• Finalists Interviews with the School Board: January 25-28, 2022
• Selection of new Superintendent: February 14, 2022
• Start date: July 1, 2022