Imbler School District (OR)
Invites applications for the position of
Location: Imbler, Oregon
Enrollment: 287 students
Base Salary: $100,000 to $113,000 annually plus benefits
Closing Date: Jan. 14, 2022
Start Date: July 1, 2022
About the Position
The Imbler School District Board of Directors is seeking a highly qualified candidate with visionary leadership skills and successful experience in education administration to serve as Superintendent/Principal beginning July 1, 2022. The successful candidate must have experience as an administrator, excellent communication skills, unquestionable integrity and be willing to be involved in the community.
The Board will offer a competitive compensation package to the successful candidate with a salary range of $100,000 - $113,000 annually plus benefits. The successful candidate must hold or qualify for an Oregon superintendent's license and provide proof of compliance with OAR 333-019-1030 (COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements for Teachers and School Staff).
The successful candidate must also demonstrate the following personal and professional qualities:
• Effective communication and listening skills
• Background in teaching and building administration, preferably in small rural areas similar to Imbler
• High degree of integrity/honesty with strong core values; culturally competent; respectful of all groups
• Puts KIDS first; is committed to serving all kids
• Is personable/approachable while keeping an open mind
• Proven ability to make tough decisions when necessary and effectively communicate the reasons (transparency)
• Works well with others; strong collaborator that empowers students, staff, parents and community members
• Highly visible in our community and schools
• Ability to build and sustain strong, effective family/community partnerships that impact student success
• Understands Oregon school finance, demonstrates sound fiscal management and strong budgeting skills
• Has experience in recruiting, retaining, and developing highly qualified staff
About the District
The Imbler School District serves approximately 287 students in grades K – 12. Imbler Charter School include one K - 6 elementary and one 7 - 12 Junior High/High School. The District employs a staff of 22 licensed staff, 18 classified staff, three confidential/supervisory and two administrative staff. The District has a general fund budget of approximately $5.19 million.
About the Community
Imbler School District is located in the northeast corner of Oregon. It is a fifteen-minute drive from Eastern Oregon University in La Grande and 90 minutes from Wallowa Lake and the Eagle Cap Wilderness Area. The community economic base is farming and ranching, with great support for its school system.
• Completed Application form
• Current resume
• Cover letter of interest
• 3-5 current letters of reference
• Copy of administrator license or proof of eligibility to obtain one
• A statement about how you meet the qualities and qualifications set by the Board (in narrative form, no longer than 500 words)
How to Submit an Application
Application packets are submitted to Oregon School Boards Association – Executive Search (www.osba.org/execjobs) via the Revelus application portal (see the link below). All applicants will submit a candidate profile (completed when you create your Revelus account) and a completed application, as well as upload the other application material documents to the application portal. The application packet must be submitted by 5pm on the closing day.
OSBA Revelus application portal: https://oregonschoolboards.myrevelus.com/
Regarding the position and the application process, contact:
Sarah Herb, Executive Search and Events Specialist (OSBA); email@example.com; 503.400.3047 (direct); 800.578.6722 (office); 503.588.2813 (Fax)
Imbler School District is an equal opportunity employer.