CORBETT SCHOOL DISTRICT (OR)
Invites applications for the position of
Location: Corbett, Oregon
Enrollment: 1,000 students
Base Salary: $135,000 to $145,000 annually plus benefits
Closing Date: Jan. 26, 2022
Start Date: July 1, 2022
About the Position
The Corbett School District Board of Directors is seeking a highly qualified candidate with visionary leadership skills and successful experience in education administration to serve as Superintendent beginning July 1, 2022. The successful candidate must have experience as an administrator, excellent communication skills, unquestionable integrity and be willing to be involved in the community.
The Board will offer a competitive compensation package to the successful candidate, the salary range is $135,000 - $145,000 annually plus benefits. The successful candidate must hold or qualify for an Oregon superintendent's license, hold a valid driver’s license, have a background in teaching and building administration (instructional leadership) and provide proof of compliance with OAR 333-019-1030 (COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements for Teachers and School Staff).
The successful candidate must also demonstrate the following personal and professional qualities:
• Puts KIDS first; is committed to serving all kids K-12
• Effective communication and listening skills
• High degree of integrity/honesty with strong core values; culturally competent; respectful of all groups
• Understands Oregon school finance, demonstrates sound fiscal management and strong budgeting skills
• Ability to build and sustain strong, effective family/staff/community partnerships that impact student success
• Engages in community dialogue; works well with others; strong collaborator that empowers students, staff, parents and community members
• Adept at problem solving; proven ability to make tough decisions when necessary and effectively communicate the reasons (transparency)
• Is personable/approachable while keeping an open mind
• Highly visible in our community and schools
• Demonstrated commitment to mental health
• Demonstrable experience developing, leading and/or initiating policies or initiatives that seek to build and enhance an inclusive culture through equitable practices and the recognition that our strength is enhanced as our diversity is increased
About the District
The Corbett School District is a charter school district and serves approximately 1,000 students in grades K – 12. District schools include one 9-12 high, one 8-9 academy, one 6-7 middle, and one -5 grade schools all on one campus and Corbett Arts Program with Spanish (CAPS) K-8 school on another campus. The District employs a staff of 64 licensed staff, 42 classified staff, 10 confidential and five administrative staff. The District projects a general fund budget of approximately $15 million. Corbett SD is widely recognized as one of the highest performing districts in Oregon. The District embraces a continuous progress model, multi-age instruction, place-based education, as well as a rigorous program known as Advanced Placement (AP) for ALL at the high school level. The AP for All program has received national attention with recognition by Newsweek and The Washington Post. Both publications identified Corbett HS as one of the top 10 schools for AP participation in the nation.
About the Community
Corbett is located in a picturesque setting along the historic Columbia River Highway at the entrance to the beautiful Columbia River Gorge, just 22 miles east of Portland. Primarily in a rural setting with an ever increasing bedroom community for people who work in Portland, Corbett SD is the primary employer in the area. Year-round skiing at Mt. Hood is less than one hour away and the Oregon Coast Beaches are less than a two-hour drive.
• Completed Application form
• Current resume
• Cover letter of interest
• 3-5 current letters of reference
• Copy of administrator license or proof of eligibility to obtain one
• A statement about how you meet the qualities and qualifications set by the Board (in narrative form, no longer than 500 words)
How to Submit an Application
Application packets are submitted to Oregon School Boards Association – Executive Search (www.osba.org/execjobs) via the Revelus application portal (see the link below). All applicants will submit a candidate profile (completed when you create your Revelus account) and a completed application, as well as upload the other application material documents to the application portal. The application packet must be submitted by 5pm on the closing day.
OSBA Revelus application portal: https://oregonschoolboards.myrevelus.com/
Regarding the position, contact:
Milt Dennison, Search Consultant, email@example.com; 503.334.6536
Regarding the application process, contact:
Sarah Herb, Executive Search and Events Specialist (OSBA); firstname.lastname@example.org ; 503.400.3047 (direct) ; 800.578.6722 (office); 503.588.2813 (Fax)
Corbett School District is an equal opportunity employer.