School Psychologist (Grades K -12)
Southern Oregon Education Service District's psychological Services program is looking to expand and find additional colleagues who want to work with a supportive team in the Rogue Valley, voted one of the best places to live in America. Our team is supervised by a school psychologist administrator who supports NASP's Model of Comprehensive and Integrated School Psychological services. Great Advocacy, Great People, Great Place to Live. 190 - Day (academic year) contract. Full benefit package for half-time or above employment. Part-time and/or Full-time employment and internship options.
We are a government agency that qualifies for Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF), so we are welcoming fresh out of school graduates and professionals who need a workplace that qualifies them to pay back student loans. Median real estate home value in the Medford area is $347,000 (Zillow). Average 2 bdrm apartment rent within 10 miles of Medford is $1,260.00.
Southern Oregon ESD is located in the Rogue Valley, the cultural and economic heart of southern Oregon, home to legendary snow-skiing, white-water rafting, kayaking, hiking, fishing, as well as numerous cultural venues and events such as art galleries, the Britt Music Festivals, the Ashland Independent Film Festival, and the renowned Oregon Shakespeare Festival. For more information on living in Medford, please go to: https://www.travelmedford.org/
The position will provide services to students within the Jackson, Josephine, and Klamath Counties. The selected candidate will follow a 190-day academic calendar and will begin employment immediately upon conclusion of the hiring process.
Note: OAR 333-019-1030 Proof of COVID full vaccination status or approved OHA excemption is require for this position.
POSITION GOAL: Provide assistance to assigned schools with psychological evaluations, instructional and behavioral consultation, crisis intervention, and staff development activities.
1. Provide psychological assessments and written reports.
2. Provide consultation to teachers regarding instructional, behavioral, and social interventions.
3. Provide crisis intervention and short term counseling.
4. Provide staff development in-services concerning assessment, instruction, and intervention strategies.
5. Assist schools in multidisciplinary, IEP, placement, intervention, and other educational decisions.
6. Communicate clearly and appropriately and make independent decisions within established policies and procedures.
7. Establish and maintain positive, flexible, and cooperative relationships with ESD and local district staff.
8. Prepare accountability records regarding services provided.
9. Participate in professional growth activities.
10. Comply with local district and ESD rules and policies.
11. Perform physical requirements unaided or with the assistance of reasonable accommodation.
12. Perform job-related tasks as designated by supervisor.
1. Oregon Teacher Standards and Practices School (TSPC) license with School Psychologist endorsement.
2. Master's degree in school/educational psychology from an accredited college or university.
Salary and Benefits*:
This position ranges from part-time to a full-time (.50 - 1.0 FTE) licensed position. Placement on the Southern Oregon ESD licensed salary schedule will be commensurate with applicant’s qualifications, relevant training, experience and prorated according to start date.
Southern Oregon ESD will support payment for health, dental and vision insurance premiums for qualified employees. Employer-paid PERS, holidays, sick leave, and personal days are also provided to qualified employees. See benefit information below:
Includes medical, dental, vision & prescription insurance
Monthly premium deducted pre-tax
Southern Oregon ESD contributes up to $1960.00 per month (family coverage)
Health Savings Accounts for high deductible plans
Flexible Spending Accounts – medical, day-care expenses Optional Coverage for Additional Life, AD&D, Short Term Disability Insurance through Aflac or American Fidelity403(b) through Carruth Compliance Consulting
Mercy Flights Membership
PERS - Public Employee Retirement System
Southern Oregon ESD pays the 6% employee contribution on behalf of each employee
LENGTH OF POSITION: 190 days School Year - .50 - 1.0 FTE
SALARY RANGE: $25,760.00 - $84,460.00 (2021-2022 School Year Rate)
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Program Administrator
The following physical requirements are essential functions of the School Psychologist:
1. Stand/Walk: None X1-4 Hrs/Day 4-6 Hrs/Day 6-8 Hrs/Day
2. Sit: None X1-4 Hrs/Day 4-6 Hrs/Day 6-8 Hrs/Day
3. Drive: None X1-4 Hrs/Day 4-6 Hrs/Day 6-8 Hrs/Day
4. Bending: X Frequently Occasionally Limited Not At All
5. Squat: Frequently Occasionally Limited Not At All
6. Climb Stairs: Frequently X Occasionally Limited Not At All
7. Single Grasping: X Frequently Occasionally Limited Not At All
8. Pushing: Frequently X Occasionally Limited Not At All
9. Pulling: Frequently X Occasionally Limited Not At All
10. Fine Manipulation: X Frequently Occasionally Limited Not At All
11. Repetitive Foot Controls: Frequently Occasionally Limited X Not At All
12. Lifting (less than 25 lbs): X Frequently Occasionally Limited Not At All
13. Lifting (25-50 lbs): Frequently Occasionally X Limited Not At All
14. Lifting (50-75 lbs:) Frequently Occasionally Limited X Not At All
15. Lifting (75-100 lbs): Frequently Occasionally Limited X Not At All