Oakland School District (OR)
Invites applications for the position of
Location: Oakland, Oregon
Enrollment: 600 students
Base Salary: $110,000 to $125,000 annually + benefits
Closing Date: Jan. 26, 2022
Start Date: July 1, 2022
About the Position
The Oakland School District Board of Directors is seeking a highly qualified candidate with visionary leadership skills and successful experience in education administration to serve as Superintendent beginning July 1, 2022. The successful candidate must have experience as an administrator, excellent communication skills, unquestioned integrity and be willing to be involved in the community.
The Board will offer a competitive compensation package to the successful candidate with an annual salary range of $110,000 - $125,000 plus benefits. The successful candidate must hold or qualify for an Oregon superintendent's license and provide proof of compliance with OAR 333-019-1030 (COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements for Teachers and School Staff).
The successful candidate will also demonstrate the following personal and professional qualities:
• Effective communication and listening skills;
• High degree of integrity/honesty with strong core values that are consistent with our community;
• Background in teaching and building administration (instructional leadership) preferably in small rural areas similar to the Oakland community;
• Is personable/approachable while keeping an open mind;
• Puts KIDS first; is committed to serving all kids K-12;
• Works well with others; strong collaborator that empowers students, staff, parents and community members;
• Ability to build and sustain strong, effective family/community partnerships that impact student success;
• Understands Oregon school finance, demonstrates sound fiscal management and strong budgeting skills;
• Willing to become a meaningful and contributing member of our community within and outside of the school system.
About the District
The Oakland School District is serves approximately 600 students in one K-4 elementary school, one 5–8 middle school, and one 9–12 high school. The district employs a staff of 42 licensed employees, 36 classified employees, six confidential employees, and three administrators. The District has a general fund budget of approximately $7 million.
About the Community
Oakland is located in Douglas County just two miles off interstate 5 and surrounded by meadows, mountains and creeks. The city was the first in Oregon to be placed on the state's historic registry and many of the business buildings in town are original brick from the 1880-1890s. Known as one of Oregon's premier fly fishing streams, the North Fork of the Umpqua River is also one of Oregon's most scenic rivers. Located a few miles south of Oakland, it's one of the few rivers with a summer run of native steelhead. Visitors can fish on their own, or hire a guide service. The North Fork is also a popular hiking area, and has one of the state's greatest concentrations of waterfalls. Many have short hikes leading to them. Oakland is in the Umpqua Valley, which is also famous for its wineries. A tour of the valley's wineries takes a visitor along riverbanks, through rolling hills and green valleys where the vineyards are situated.
• Completed Application form
• Current resume
• Cover letter of interest
• 3-5 current letters of reference
• Copy of administrator license or proof of eligibility to obtain one
• A statement about how you meet the qualities and qualifications set by the Board (in narrative form, no longer than 500 words)
How to Submit an Application
Application packets are submitted to Oregon School Boards Association – Executive Search (www.osba.org/execjobs) via the Revelus application portal (see the link below). All applicants will submit a candidate profile (completed when you create your Revelus account) and a completed application, as well as upload the other application material documents to the application portal. The application packet must be submitted by 5pm on the closing day.
OSBA Revelus application portal: https://oregonschoolboards.myrevelus.com/
Regarding the position, contact:
Steve Kelley, Director of Board Development and Executive Searches (OSBA);
firstname.lastname@example.org; 503.485.4809 • 800.578.6722
Regarding the application process, contact:
Sarah Herb, Executive Search and Events Specialist (OSBA); email@example.com; 503.400.3047 (direct); 800.578.6722 (office); 503.588.2813 (Fax)
Oakland School District is an equal opportunity employer.