Woodburn School District (OR)
Invites applications for the position of
Location: Woodburn, Oregon
Enrollment: 5,500 students
Base Salary: $165,000 to $175,000 annually + benefits
Closing Date: Feb. 6, 2022
Start Date: July 1, 2022
The Woodburn School District Board of Directors is seeking a highly qualified candidate with visionary leadership skills and successful experience in education administration to serve as Superintendent beginning July 1, 2022. The successful candidate must have experience as an administrator, excellent communication skills, unquestioned integrity and be willing to be involved in the community. The Board will offer a competitive compensation package to the successful candidate with an annual salary range of $165,000 to $175,000 plus benefits.
About the Position
The successful candidate must hold or qualify for an Oregon superintendent's license and provide proof of compliance with OAR 333-019-1030 (COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements for Teachers and School Staff).
The successful candidate will also have the following personal and professional qualities:
• Effective communication and listening skills.
• Background in teaching, including dual language education and building administration, instructional leader, preferably in communities with diverse populations similar to Woodburn.
• High degree of integrity/honesty; respectful of all groups; strong core values; culturally competent.
• Puts KIDS first; is committed to serving all kids K-12 with an equity lens.
• Proven ability to make tough decisions when necessary and effectively communicate the reasons (transparency).
• An empowering leadership style that collaborates, builds consensus and inspires while building a respectful work environment.
• Is personable/approachable while keeping an open mind; works well with others; good sense of humor.
• Ability to build and sustain strong, effective family/community partnerships that impact student success; build community trust.
• Highly visible; actively participates in school and community activities.
• Understands Oregon school finance, demonstrates sound fiscal management and strong budgeting skills; well organized.
• Innovative visionary; solid academic credentials
• Bi-lingual and multicultural preferred.
About the District
The Woodburn School District serves approximately 5,500 students in four elementary, two middle, five small high schools (consisting of 4 small academies and one alternative high school) and one adult transition program. The District employs a staff of 359 licensed employees, 255 classified employees, 16 confidential employees, and 28 administrators. Woodburn SD has a general fund budget of approximately $80 million and passed a capital improvement bond of $61.5M in 2015. In 2019, both the Boys and Girls soccer teams were 4A State Champions
About the Community
Woodburn is a community rich in history, tradition and diversity. With a mix of world cultures, Woodburn celebrates its diversity as one of Oregon's fastest growing and innovative communities. Its location in the northern Willamette Valley along Interstate 5 offers quick and easy access to both the Portland and Salem metropolitan areas. Long known as a center of agriculture, Woodburn is also the window to the Willamette Valley providing visitors a gateway to some of the area's most beautiful attractions, including the Oregon Garden, Champoeg and Silver Falls state parks
• Completed Application form
• Current resume
• Cover letter of interest
• 3-5 current letters of reference
• Copy of administrator license or proof of eligibility to obtain one
• A statement about how you meet the qualities and qualifications set by the Board (in narrative form, no longer than 500 words)
How to Submit an Application
Application packets are submitted to Oregon School Boards Association – Executive Search (www.osba.org/execjobs) via the Revelus application portal (see the link below). All applicants will submit a candidate profile (completed when you create your Revelus account) and a completed application, as well as upload the other application material documents to the application portal. The application packet must be submitted by 5pm on the closing day.
OSBA Revelus application portal: https://oregonschoolboards.myrevelus.com/
Regarding the position, contact:
Milt Dennison, Search Consultant, firstname.lastname@example.org; 503.334.6536
Regarding the application process, contact:
Sarah Herb, Executive Search and Events Specialist (OSBA); email@example.com; 503.400.3047 (direct); 800.578.6722 (office); 503.588.2813 (Fax)
The Woodburn School District is an equal opportunity employer.