Go to our district employment webpage: http://www.woodburnsd.org/district/departments/human-resources/employment/
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Current work year of approximately 260 days (12 month), 12 holidays and 25 vacation days as approved.
Salary Range: $124,092 - $127,852
District pays employee PERS 6% contribution
Excellent insurance package and tuition reimbursement
Woodburn High School Principal (2022-23SY)
Description The Woodburn School District has been operating a small high school model that has been led
by four traditional high school principals since 2006. We are now in the process of creating a
unified high school model that would maintain close relationships with cohorts during 9th and
10th grades before focusing on individualized experiences for 11th and 12th graders through
open access to courses, programs, and pathways. The Woodburn School District now seeks a
high school principal to lead this transformed high school program.
The primary purpose of this position is to organize, administer, and supervise all aspects of the
school program and operation in order to maximize the educational opportunity and academic
achievement of all students. The principal is expected to act as the instructional and climate
leader of the school, and assume primary responsibility for the appropriate level of student
growth and academic achievement through the development and implementation of continuous
school improvement activities.
1. Master’s Degree in Education or related field.
2. Background and Criminal History Clearance.
3. Valid Oregon Administrative License with Administrator Endorsement.
4. Three years of successful teaching and/or administrative experience.
5. Demonstrates high level of communication skills and meets District standards for oral and
written language proficiency in English, and if applicable, in Spanish or Russian.
6. Skill in leadership and facilitation of work involving colleagues and administrators,
including problem solving and conflict resolution.
7. Excellent organizational skills for effectively managing multiple tasks.
8. Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
9. Understanding of curriculum, instruction, assessment and staff development
requirements under state and federal education laws and regulations.
10. Understanding of strategic and school improvement planning and curriculum auditing
11. Understanding of bilingual education requirements and programs.
12. Understanding of computer assisted instruction.
13. Understanding of effective staff supervision and evaluation procedures.
14. Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board or administration may deem
appropriate and acceptable.
1. Communicates effectively in English in both oral and written form.
2. Communicates effectively in Spanish or Russian (if assigned) in both oral and written
3. Monitors implementation of adopted curriculum and instructional materials.
4. Oversees or delegates coordination of extra-curricular activities and programs.
5. Orients, directs, and supervises school personnel.
6. Assigns school personnel in compliance with job requirements, licensure, and Highly
7. Implements district staff evaluation program and evaluates assigned school personnel.
8. Screens, interviews, and recommends hiring of school personnel.
9. Coordinates and cooperates with district administrators to monitor and maintain
compliance with state and federal law for educational programs and school operations.
10. Coordinates and cooperates with district administrators to provide training and staff
development activities in needed areas.
11. Monitors student achievement results and leads the development of the Schoolwide
Improvement Plan to address areas needing improvement or correction.
12. Provides leadership to Site Council and other faculty and parent advisory committees.
13. Implements programs to encourage parental involvement as well as inform parents and
community members concerning school activities and issues.
14. Prepares reports and keeps the Superintendent and Board informed with regard to school
issues and programs.
15. Develops a proposed school budget and monitors budget expenditures and finances,
including Student Body accounts.
16. Implements an effective student discipline and attendance program and provides for a
safe and orderly environment for all staff, students, and visitors.
17. Lifts, moves, or restrains students in accordance with Individual Education Program or
18. Coordinates with and seeks involvement of outside agencies, including law enforcement,
as needed and beneficial to the school and students.
19. Supervises or directs supervision of students and the campus at all times during school
hours and school events and activities.
20. Follows all safety rules and takes all reasonable precautions to provide a safe and secure
working environment for all school employees.
21. Demonstrates support for District Core Values, District Mission, District Strategic Plan, and
Schoolwide Improvement Plans.
22. Establishes and maintains a positive and respectful learning environment and working
relationship with students, staff, administration, parents/guardians, and community
23. Assists parents and community members as needed.
24. Demonstrates an awareness of and sensitivity to multicultural and multilingual values and
25. Complies with professional development activities as required by the District.
26. Actively seeks out and participates in professional development activities designed to
improve professional competence.
27. Participates in various meetings for the purpose of receiving information or sharing
information and expertise with students, colleagues, and parents/guardians.
28. Holds expectations for high performance of self and supervised staff.
29. Assesses results of performance for improvement on a regular basis.
30. Demonstrates computer literacy and operates software programs as related to job
31. Maintains accurate, complete, and confidential records as required by law and District
policy and regulations.
32. Maintains the integrity of confidential information relating to a student, family, colleague,
or district patron, and uses or relays academic, social, or personal information only in the
course of performing assigned responsibilities and in the best interest of the individuals
33. Maintains the confidentiality of sensitive and confidential district information related to
financial, collective bargaining, personnel, and legal matters.
34. Follows all laws, District policies, rules, regulations, memos, announcements, and
reasonable requests by proper authority.
35. Adheres to the Teacher Standards and Practices Commission (TSPC) Standards for
Competent and Ethical Educators.
36. Maintains regular attendance at work and work activities, and is punctual in meeting
deadlines, attending meetings, and following schedules.
1. The employee is expected to be dressed and groomed in a neat, clean, and appropriate
professional manner for the assignment and work setting.
2. This position is performed primarily indoors in school buildings and offices, although
some outdoor work or supervision may be required.
3. In cases in which the employee is required to travel between sites, the employee is
responsible for his/her own travel and will be reimbursed for approved mileage.
4. Evenings and/or extended work hours or days are often required.
5. Possible exposure to bodily fluids due to student or employee illness or injury.
6. May be required to obtain a First Aid and/or CPR Card and serve as a Delegated
Caregiver or Designated First Aid Provider.
7. Occasionally performs other duties as required by the supervisor.
Performance will be evaluated in accordance with applicable District Policy and Regulations concerning personnel evaluation.