Southern Oregon ESD (SOESD) is seeking a highly collaborative Chief Information Officer to lead multiple technical teams that support teaching and learning as well as the academic, administrative, business, and other technology needs of SOESD and the organizations we serve. The successful candidate should have a sharp focus on supporting educational outcomes, while promoting efficient organizational operations and delivering innovative services that are cost-competitive, highly stable, and secure.
The CIO should be an astute manager of fiscal, technical, and human resources to support a wide-array of services, including redundant data center operations, ISP services, wired and wireless networking, online learning, hybrid in-person/video conferencing, software development, SaaS, VoIP, building security, low voltage and electrical wiring, and a multi-tiered help desk call center. As part of a collaborative leadership team, the CIO will implement strategies to increase student learning through the use of technology in personalized and blended teaching and learning environments that support curriculum, instruction, and assessment through classroom technology integration, online education, digital curriculum, and early warning data systems.
SOESD is seeking candidates with extensive business and technical skills to perform cost modeling and ROI analysis of technical solutions, and to develop and deploy new innovative services using an agile approach. Experience with the Visions accounting system, VMware, and various education information systems is preferred.
If you are interested in being a part of a dynamic team that provides innovative and expert services to students, families, and districts in the communities we serve across the region, state, and nation, we invite you to apply for our Chief Information Officer position.
POSITION GOAL: Manage technology infrastructure and services to support SOESD, school districts, and other organizations.
Note: OAR 333-019-1030 Proof of COVID full vaccination status or approved OHA exception is required for this position.
1. Provide regional leadership to support federal, state, and local initiatives.
2. Coordinate programs to support priorities of SOESD, local districts and other organizations.
3. Manage technology infrastructure and delivery of services to support teaching and learning, as well as business, administrative, and data services.
4. Collaborate with SOESD departments, school districts, and other organizations to interpret, synthesize, and forecast changing needs, then evaluate, recommend, create, and implement valued and efficient services to meet those needs.
5. Vision, create, market, and implement entrepreneurial services to increase revenue.
6. Manage technical, fiscal, and human resources to ensure effective service delivery.
7. Manage projects by developing cost models, ensuring prerequisites, determining milestones, and managing milestone attainment, on schedule and within budget.
8. Assist with technical support, programming, and database maintenance.
9. Make effective group presentations to diverse audiences and organizations, and facilitate consensus at meetings of diverse stakeholders.
10. Lead, supervise, support, and provide evaluation of staff.
11. Plan, interpret and implement budget.
12. Use professional communication and conduct to establish and maintain effective, high-trust relationships with staff, parents, community, local districts, and other agencies.
13. Comply with SOESD and partner organizations’ rules, policies and procedures.
14. Participate in professional growth activities.
15. Perform physical requirements unaided or with assistance of reasonable accommodation.
16. Other duties as assigned.
1. Valid Oregon Driver License.
2. Valid Oregon Teaching License preferred.
3. Valid Oregon Administrative License preferred.
4. A+ and Network+ certification.
5. Bachelor of Science degree (Master of Science in education, business services, computer science, information systems, security, networking, or applicable field preferred).
6. Three or more years of successful staff / IT project management experience (5+ years preferred).
7. Demonstrated ability to maintain professional communication and conduct, high-trust relationships, and impeccable customer service.
The equivalent combination of experience, training, certification, education or degree that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities may be used as an alternative to prerequisites.
LENGTH OF POSITION: 260 Days
SALARY: $100,256 - $133,210 depending on qualifications and experience.
SOESD Benefits (For .50 FTE and Over):
Southern Oregon ESD contributes up to 2003.00 per month (family coverage) for health, dental and vision insurance premiums for qualified employees resulting in little to not cost for employee, depending on plan selected.
Employer-paid PERS (Public Employee Retirement System), including additional 6% individual investment account with PERS.
403(b) with employer contribution of 4.137%.
9 paid holidays
A generous sick, vacation and discretionary (personal) leave packet is also provided to qualified employees.
Includes medical, dental, vision & prescription insurance
Monthly premium deducted pre-tax
Health Savings Accounts
Flexible Spending Accounts – medical, day-care expenses
Optional Coverage for Additional Life, AD&D, Short Term Disability Insurance through Aflac or American Fidelity
Mercy Flights Membership