Scappoose Middle School seeks a dynamic art educator who wishes to engage 7th and 8th grade students in high quality art instructional experiences for the 2022-2023 school year. The position includes standard art classes and may include the possibility of teaching art electives (e.g., photography). We value teachers who can build positive relationships with students, staff, and families and also serve as effective members of our professional learning community. Located just 20 minutes from downtown Portland, Scappoose School District is a place where you can get to know everyone personally and make a difference in the life of each student.
This position provides an environment which is safe and conducive to learning while providing Art education services to a diverse population of students in a classroom setting. Instruct students, maintain student discipline and is responsible for student academic achievement. Oregon licensure through TSPC with endorsement for Art is required.
Position responsibilities include:
- To develop in each student an interest in and ability for expressing him/herself creatively in terms, utilizing skills and techniques of artistic expression appropriate to the student’s interests and abilities.
- To develop an aesthetic understanding and appreciation.
- To discover and develop talents of students in the field of Art.
- Provide appropriate learning experiences to demonstrate techniques in activities such as drawing, calligraphy, painting, and photography.
- Instruct students in the proper care and use of tools and equipment.
- Plan and present art displays and exhibitions designed to exhibit student work for the school and community.
- Willingness to collaborate with middle school team and a vision of moving students forward in Art.
- Previous middle school art teaching experience is preferred, but not required.
Note: A complete application packet includes the electronic application form, resume, at least three letters of recommendation (including one from your current or most recent supervisor), unofficial transcripts (official will be required if hired), and evidence of holding or being eligible to obtain the proper license/endorsement in Oregon.
Scappoose School District is committed to creating a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Veterans must submit DD Form 214 or 215 to establish veterans’ preference eligibility. See policy GBA-AR for details.
Note: As of October 18, 2021, all school employees must provide evidence of vaccination against COVID-19. See https://sharedsystems.dhsoha.state.or.us/DHSForms/Served/le3874.pdf for details.
Please call 971-200-8000 or e-mail email@example.com if you have any questions or need assistance.
Final salary to be determined based on outcome of contract negotiations. Salary listed is for the 2021-2022 school year: $41,112 - $79,956
Apply on TalentEd: https://scappoose.tedk12.com/hire/ViewJob.aspx?JobID=1526. Include a resume, cover letter, three letters of recommendation (including one from your current or most recent supervisor), unofficial transcripts (official will be required, if hired), and license verification.
** This position is open until filled. Posting start date: March 8, 2022. Priority is given to internal applicants for the first 5 days of posting. **