Scappoose School District seeks a caring and experienced middle school science teacher to provide high quality instruction for our students, staff, and schools. We value teachers who can build positive relationships with students, staff, and families and also serve as effective members of our professional learning community. Located just 20 minutes from downtown Portland, Scappoose School District is a place where you can get to know everyone personally and make a difference in the life of each student. The position may teach an elective in addition to 7th or 8th grade science.
Valid Oregon license through TSPC with a Science endorsement. This position provides an environment which is safe and conducive to learning while providing professional/technical education services to a diverse population of students in a classroom setting. Instruct students, maintain student discipline and is responsible for student academic achievement.
Position responsibilities include:
· Provide instruction in science utilizing a course of study which focuses on the state content and performance standards and is adopted by the Board of Education.
· Understand the instructional and assessment requirements necessary to assist students in reaching the content and performance standards as established by Oregon’s ESSA.
· Knowledge of social, emotional, physical, and cognitive development of early adolescents.
· Provide developmentally appropriate learning experiences, including activities which challenge, motivate and actively involve all students.
· Adapt and modify instructional strategies and materials, as necessary, to support all students’ academic progress.
Scappoose School District is committed to creating a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Veterans must submit DD Form 214 or 215 to establish veterans’ preference eligibility. See policy GBA-AR for details.
Note: As of October 18, 2021, all school employees must provide evidence of vaccination against COVID-19. See https://sharedsystems.dhsoha.state.or.us/DHSForms/Served/le3874.pdf for details. All employees are currently required to wear face masks.
Please call 971-200-8000 or e-mail email@example.com if you have any questions or need assistance.
Final salary to be determined based on outcome of contract negotiations. Salary listed is for the 2021-2022 school year.
Apply on TalentEd: https://scappoose.tedk12.com/hire/ViewJob.aspx?JobID=1522. Include a resume, cover letter, three letters of recommendation (including one from your current or most recent supervisor), unofficial transcripts (official will be required, if hired), and license verification.
** This position is open until filled. **