Oakridge School District 76
School Counselor 1.0 FTE - Oakridge Elementary School (22-67)
2022-23 School Year
Elementary Counselor, Grades K – 6 (1.0 FTE)
Start Date: August 29, 2022
This position is responsible for working directly with students in need of counseling supports and other interventions, coordinating the implementation of the District’s established guidance curriculum and programs, and facilitating the establishment of processes for effective communication, decision-making, and progress monitoring of at-risk students. This position is responsible for referral and coordination with outside agencies where appropriate. Valid TSPC School Counseling license or Child Development Specialist (CDS) Authorization required.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
1. Provide responsive instruction and services to meet individual students’ social and emotional learning needs.
2. Provide individual or small group counseling to identify students.
3. Participate as a member of the school and District crisis management team.
4. Provide classroom lessons utilizing social, emotional learning resources.
5. Develop and maintain the District’s Comprehensive Counseling and Guidance Plan; including periodic and annual reporting of plan outcomes.
6. Participate as a member of the school’s behavior support team.
7. Coordinate student planning teams and processes to support student social/emotional and academic success.
1. Assist school teams in implementing the functions of Positive Behavior Support (PBIS) including the concepts of progress monitoring, universal screening, evidence-based continuum of supports, and fidelity monitoring.
2. Consult with individual teachers as requested to support student success in the classroom.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• This position is primarily performed indoors in school buildings, although some outdoor instruction and supervision may be required.
• This position involves working in close proximity to groups of students and adults.
• Evening and/or extended work hours may be required.
NOTE: This is not necessarily an exhaustive or all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts, functions or working conditions associated with the job. This job description is not a contract of employment or a promise or guarantee of any specific terms or conditions of employment. The school district may add to, modify or delete any aspect of this (or the position itself) at any time it deems advisable.
Salary will be paid according to degree and years of experience for 174 contract days. The 2022-23 Salary is:
Minimum: Bachelor’s degree with no experience - $42,410 (Step 3) (1.0 FTE)
Maximum: Master’s degree plus 45 hours - $64,150 (Step 10) (1.0 FTE)
1. Complete an on-line application form at Oakridge.k12.or.us, under “Job Opportunities.”
2. Internal candidates, who meet the education requirements, please submit a letter of interest to the District Office.
If you have questions, please call the District Office at 541-782-2813.
Closing date: In-District Open Until Filled Out-of- District Open Until Filled
Equal Opportunity Employer:
The Oakridge School District is committed to being an antiracist, Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We are committed to ensuring diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to race, disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ethnicity, religion, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law. OSD is committed to providing reasonable accommodations in our recruitment procedures for individuals experiencing a disability. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at 541-782-2813. Speech/Hearing impaired persons may contact the district for assistance through the Oregon telecommunications Relay Service at 1-800-735-2900.
Oakridge School District is a Drug-Free/Smoke-Free Workplace
Oakridge School District will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities who can perform the essential functions of the position held or desired. Oakridge School District does not discriminate on the basis of an individual’s race, religion, gender, national origin, disability, marital status, and age in admission to or employment in its educational programs or activities. Inquiries concerning the application of Title IX and its implementing regulations may be referred to the Title IX coordinator or to the Office of Civil Rights. Designated Title IV Coordinator: Reta Doland, Oakridge School District Office. 47997 W. 1st St, Oakridge, OR 97463 or call at (541)782-2813. Title IX, Education Amendments of 1972 (Title 20 U.S.C. Sections 1681-1688). Equal Opportunity Employer