The Powers School District is seeking to add a high school principal to our staff and community. The position may also include some teaching during the day, depending on experience. This is a full-time position. Duties would include supervision of the building, evaluation of staff, student management and curriculum development. This is an excellent opportunity for a new administrator, as you will be working with experienced and dedicated teachers, an established superintendent and a supportive school board. The candidate should be a dedicated educator, prefer a minimum of 5 years teaching experience, possess strong communication skills, and have excellent interpersonal skills. The candidate must hold or be able to obtain an Oregon Administrator’s License.
• Competitive salary $70,000-$80,000 DOE
• 210 days per year
• Friendly and helpful staff
• District picks up 6% PERS
• Excellent benefit package
Powers is located in a beautiful, isolated valley surrounded by lush green hills on the South Fork of the Coquille River. It is 21 miles south of Myrtle Point on state highway 242, located on a Forest Service scenic byway and the coastal loop trail. Powers is also on the Glendale/Powers bike trail. The area around Powers produces some of the finest fishing and hunting available. The South Fork of the Coquille offers excellent opportunities for exciting steelhead and salmon fishing. Various nearby streams offer trout fishing, and Powers is only 35 miles from the world famous Rogue River. The main sources of employment in the Powers area are: The U.S. Forest Service, Powers Public Schools, various stores and cafes, and logging.
• Applicant must hold or qualify for an Oregon Administrator’s License
• Desire and ability to work with a team of professional educators in a small/rural school.
• Familiarity with a variety of age appropriate instructional, assessment and classroom management strategies that reflect current research on best practices.
• Familiarity with state standards and curriculum frameworks.
• Effective oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to exhibit professionalism and effective human relations.
• Ability to effectively manage and supervise students and their work.
• Ability to direct the work of other staff members.
• Standard First Aid certification, or the ability to obtain certification within two months of hire, may be required.
• A positive role model for the school/community.
A link to the application is included. Please return to either email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a cover letter and resume. Letters of recommendation are not required, but you can include them if you would like.