Principal - Elementary School
Location: Sacramento Elementary School
2022-2023 School Year
Salary Range: $115,839 - $130,378 DOE
Hours: 40 hours per week
Days: 230 days per year
Deadline: Open Until Filled; Applications received by April 27, 2022 will be given first consideration.
Overview: The primary purpose of the position of Elementary School Principal is to serve as the instructional and climate leader of the K-5 school and, as such, be responsible for the organization and supervision of the school’s educational program, operation of the school facility, participation in staff and student activities, and establishment of effective community relations.
• Experience Required - Five years experience as a building teacher and or administrator. Preference will be given to administrators with elementary experience.
• Bilingual - candidates’ bilingual in Spanish will be given preference.
• Supports and Facilitates – Collaborative Teams in Professional Learning Communities (PLC) and is familiar with Positive Behavior Intervention Supports (PBIS).
• Multicultural Competency
• Ability to provide proof of COVID vaccination
Masters Degree and appropriate administrative license; valid driver's license, evidence of insurability; and Criminal Justice fingerprint clearance.
Skills, Knowledge and/or Abilities Required:
• Skills to facilitate goal setting for instructional improvement. Skill in the development and implementation of programs to assist employees in successfully reaching personal and professional goals. Demonstrated effective, interpersonal relationship skills in working with students, parents, teachers, support staff and administrators, as well as business and community groups. Excellent written and verbal communication skills including effective facilitation of meetings. Exhibit a high level of personal and professional integrity and ethics.
• Knowledge of current research and best practices being used in elementary schools, and skill in discussing problems of mutual interest with others in the field of school improvement and in performance-based educational programs.
• Technology skills to be efficient working in MS Word, Excel, Power Point and Google e-mail and documents.
• Abilities to serve as a leader-coach to building level teachers and leaders, to develop collaborative consensus building in groups, to maximize resources to achieve results and build programs.
• Abilities to sit for prolonged periods, perform a variety of specialized and responsible tasks, maintain accurate records, establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with students, parents, other school personnel; meet schedules and deadlines. Regular attendance must be maintained. Significant physical abilities include standing and walking for long periods of time, lifting/carrying, reaching/handling, talking/hearing conversations, and near/far visual acuity/depth perception/visual accommodation.
Parkrose School District strives to create an inclusive environment that welcomes and values the diversity of our staff and our students. Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for jobs unless they meet every one of the qualifications as described in a job posting. Parkrose School District is most interested in finding the best candidate for the position, and we encourage you to apply even if you do not believe you meet every described job qualification.
Reports to: Superintendent
Performance of this job will be evaluated annually in accordance with provisions of the Board's policy on evaluation of professional personnel under the direct supervision of the Superintendent.
To Apply: Candidates will complete the Parkrose application online at TalentEd. In order for your application to be complete, you must submit the documents listed below in addition to the application at TalentEd: https://parkrose.tedk12.com/hire.
• Cover Letter
• TalentEd Application
• Three (3) current letters of recommendation
• Essay Questions:
1. Describe your experience in teaching and/or serving and/or working with a diverse population and underrepresented communities?
2. We have a deep commitment to challenging institutional racism. Can you speak to how you have done this in your practice?
Parkrose is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants with culturally diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.