MAY STREET ELEMENTARY SCHOOL PRINCIPAL
Application deadline: May 20, 2022. Interviews tentatively scheduled for the first week in June.
The role of the elementary assistant principal serves as a school and educational leader responsible for supporting an instructional vision and a focused plan for improving student achievement; monitoring and supervising instruction; supporting teachers in improving their instructional practice; creating a community of continuous learning for all staff and students; and fostering a culture of high expectations for all students. In addition, the assistant principal is charged with supporting strong partnerships with families and community, creating a safe, inclusive school climate, and effectively managing operational, technical and staff issues to promote instructional progress. The assistant principal carries out duties and responsibilities in accordance with board policies, statutory requirements, administrative rules and regulations, consistent with collective bargaining agreements, and under the direction of the school principal. The elementary assistant principal is also a member of the Hood River County School District’s administrative team. The assistant principal works collaboratively with the principal and district office leadership team to advance the Hood River County School District Mission and Vision.
- Ability to communicate in English and Spanish is preferred.
- Possess or have the ability to qualify for and maintain an Oregon Principal Administrator License issued by TSPC.
- Prior administrative and supervisory experience preferred.
To view the full Job Posting announcement and application instructions, visit: https://hoodriver.tedk12.com/hire/ViewJob.aspx?JobID=4181
Contact Catherine Dalbey, Director of Human Resources, at firstname.lastname@example.org for any additional information
Complete and submit your TalentEd/Recruit & Hire electronic application. Include the following as part of your application:
- Letter of interest addressed to Vickie Schmidt, May Street Elementary Principal, outlining your qualifications and interest in this position.
- Current Resume.
- Three (3) recent letters of reference.
- Copy of your professional license/certification. Official college transcripts will be required upon hire.
Salary Range: $99,081 to $101,072
Hood River County School District is an Equal Opportunity Employer