Apply to www.macnjake.com
The Newberg School District, Oregon, is seeking a highly qualified Principal of Chehalem Valley Middle School. The district wishes to have the successful candidate assume the responsibilities of the position on or before TBD.
McPherson & Jacobson, L.L.C., Executive Recruitment and Development has been engaged as the consultant in a search for outstanding candidates. They will assist the district in identifying and screening the candidates.
Enrollment: 4,200 students (district)
The school has 460 students
Location: 25 miles southwest of Portland
Overall responsibility for the successful operation of the school. Demonstrates integrity and fairness. Communicates openly and honestly. Promotes high academic standards and ensures rigorous instruction and high expectations for all students. Demonstrates expertise in staff evaluation and staff development that led to improved staff and student performance. Promotes a positive school climate. Interacts effectively with students, staff, and parents. Supports staff and recognizes staff as professionals. Uses a participatory leadership style characterized by shared decision-making.
• Preference given to candidates with prior successful administrative experience in supervision/evaluation of employees, student management, budgeting, and a record of improved student achievement.
• Strong leadership qualities.
• Communicates clearly and effectively in speaking and writing.
• Problem-solving skills.
• Minimum of five years public school teaching experience.
• Current Oregon administrative license or eligibility for license.
• Master’s Degree in education.
• Prior successful teaching or administrative experience in public schools.
• Closing date for applications: June 6, 2022
• Newberg School District selects finalists to interview: mid-June 2022
• Interviews with Newberg School District: mid-June 2022
• Selection of new Principal of Chehalem Valley Middle School: late June 2022
• Start date: TBD