Phoenix-Talent Schools is seeking applications for the position of:
ORCHARD HILL ELEMENTARY SCHOOL
In order to be considered, applicants must submit the following: Letter of application describing the applicant's characteristics, qualities, and experience relating to the qualifications listed in this job posting, a current resume, a District administrative application, copies of college or university transcripts, copy of current license, three letters of recommendation by going to https://phoenixtalent.tedk12.com/hire/index.aspx. If you have any questions about the application process, please contact Human Resources at 541/535-1517.
POSTING DATE: May 10, 2022
CLOSING DATE: All applications must be received by 4:30 PM, May 27, 2022
REPORTS TO: Superintendent
SALARY: Successful candidate will be placed on the administrative salary schedule dependent upon experience. Range for 2022-2023 is $103,034 - $119,444.
JOB DESCRIPTION: The person selected will provide effective instructional leadership, develop an environment and culture to maximize staff effectiveness on student growth and belonging, and develop, implement, monitor, and evaluate a long range strategic plan which is inclusive of all students and focused on the success of every student.
To further the development of excellence in education, the District is also seeking a person who exhibits the following qualities:
● Knowledge and understanding of Restorative Practices
● Supervision, human relations and team building capacity
● Strong communication and public relations skills
● Ensures effective procedures to enhance safety and security of students and staff, which includes a focus on Equity, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) systems of care.
● Establishes/maintains a high level of communication and collegiality with district staff
● Manages the daily operations for the school, effectively and efficiently, in ways designed to foster optimal utilization of allocated resources, in accordance with regulations, policies, procedures and statutes
● Technologically competent
● Coordinates tiered intervention programs that are strategic and intentional
1. Valid Oregon Administrative License or ability to obtain one by the start of employment.
2. Prior administrative experience is preferred.
3. Knowledge of effective practices at the elementary school level and ability to implement educational reform, instructional improvements, and staff supervision and evaluation.
4. Ability to supervise and implement effective student management practices.
5. A commitment to team management.
6. Preference may be given to those who are bilingual in Spanish and English.
7. Experience with the RTI and PLC processes preferred.
8. Prior administrative experience in an elementary school setting is preferred.
9. Physical demands needed: ability to communicate with students, co-workers, and the public; ability to communicate over the telephone; ability to respond to telephone, bells, students, co-workers, etc.; ability to respond to classroom disturbances, visual cues, student requests, etc.; ability to operate office equipment; ability to carry or lift light loads (25 lbs).
All applicants will be considered carefully. Those candidates selected for interviews will be notified shortly after the closing date. Applicants are asked not to call for interviews. All applicants will be notified when the position is filled.
Phoenix-Talent School District #4 is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in accordance with Federal and State Legislation, does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, age, national origin, or marital status, physical or mental disability in employment practices or education programs. If you need special accommodations because of a disability, please contact the personnel office at 535-1517 Voice/TDD.
Any offer of employment made by Phoenix-Talent Schools is contingent upon satisfactory results of:
1. Drug screening tests for any illegal drug or substance classified in Schedules I through V under the Federal Controlled Substances Act, 21 U.S.C. 811 to 812. This includes, but is not limited to, mind-altering substances or narcotic drugs such as hallucinogens, amphetamines, barbiturates, marijuana or any other illegal drug or controlled substance, except those federally recognized as legally prescribed by a physician and used as directed.
2. Criminal history verification- a background check for any convictions directly related to the duties and responsibilities of the position. Unless otherwise required by law, only job-related convictions will be considered and will not automatically disqualify the applicant from employment.