JOB TITLE: Assistant Principal/Athletic Director
SALARY: $85,618.75-111,304.38 TBD based on days on District Salary Schedule
REPORTS TO: Alsea Superintendent
CONTRACT HOURS/DAYS: 200-260 TBD days on administrative calendar
LOCATION: Alsea School District, Alsea, Oregon
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open Until Filled
START DATE: 2022 – 2023 School Year
NATURE AND SCOPE OF POSITION:
Alsea School is looking for dynamic Assistant Principal/Athletic Director to supervise and lead K-12 students and staff at Alsea School District for the 2022-2023 school year. A certified staff member under the general supervision the superintendent will perform a variety of tasks, focusing on all athletic programs for the district.
• A valid State of Oregon Administrative License appropriate for the position through Teachers Standards and Practices Commission (TSPC) with the proper endorsement.
• Successful teaching and administrative experience
• Experience leading and managing change that results in increased student achievement and community engagement.
• Understanding of all Oregon State Athletic Association Rules and Regulations and how to apply them.
• Experience preparing and administering budgets, preferably for athletic programs.
• Experience organizing and scheduling interscholastic athletic events including officials, supervision, transportation, and general operation or facilities.
• Knowledge of effective inclusionary practices for students with special needs. Ability to work in a positive manner with K-12 students
• The ability to effectively support, work and communicate with students, parents, and school personnel from diverse cultures and/or backgrounds
• Experience in evaluating teachers using a qualified Oregon Teacher Evaluation format
• Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may find appropriate for the specific position.
• Have standards of moral character as defined in OAR 584-020-0035 - “The Ethical Educator”
• Must meet Oregon COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements for Teachers and School Staff (OAR 333-019-1030). Vaccination exemption forms based upon religious and/or medical are available.
• Master’s Degree
• Two years administrator experience
• Three years of experience teaching in a public-school setting
• Two years of experience in an athletic director role
Assist the K-12 principal in academic, behavior and intervention supports for all students
Assist the K-12 principal with the supervision of K-12 staff and assist with evaluations.
Communicate effectively and professionally, verbally and in writing, with staff, families, colleagues, students and the community.
Facilitate use of data to inform instructional and intervention decisions.
Connect well with students, staff, families and the school community.
Be able to supervise athletic events, dances and concerts, while being able to work extensive hours as after-hours work is routine and expected during the school year.
Support special programs that are effectively and positively integrated into general education and the school community.
Strive to support and maintain a strong professional learning community that encourages academic excellence for all students.
Maintain a high standard of ethics in all professional relationships, actions and decisions. Possess skills and abilities to effectively coach and evaluate assigned staff.
Able to organize work, set priorities, meet deadlines and follow up on assignments with a minimum of direction and under stressful circumstance.
Maintain collaborative and collegial relationships based in positive regard with staff
Maintain discipline in accordance with the rules and disciplinary system of the school.
Participate in appropriate professional activities.
NOTE: The above list is not necessarily an exhaustive or all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts, functions or working conditions associated with the job. This job description is not a contract of employment or a promise or guarantee of any specific terms or conditions of employment. The school district may add to, modify, or delete any aspect of this job (or the position itself) at any time as it deems advisable.
• SALARY: $85,618.75-111,304.38 TBD based on days on District Salary Schedule
• CONTRACT HOURS/DAYS: 200-260 TBD days on administrative calendar
• Sick and Personal/Emergency leave
• Alsea School District 7J offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package with multiple choices available to employees. Benefits offered include medical, dental and vision insurance [$1,250 DISTRICT pay cap per month], life insurance, short- and long-term disability, long term care, tax deferred retirement savings plans, and more. The District pays all PERS contributions.
• Interested candidates are required to submit:
o SchoolSpring or TalentED online application
o Letter of Application
o Current resume
o Transcripts [unofficial]
o 3-5 Letters of Recommendation with two written within the last year
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
Alsea School District #7J is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of the District not to discriminate based on race, sex, age, national origin, marital status, religion, or handicap unrelated to job performance.